$288 Pentagram XS/ Full alloy rims/ Wide / deep dish / for sale

Hey, any idea when the red 9" lip will be available?

1 Like

Iā€™m not that sure, probably 1 month later.

Due the Chinese new year, factory were closed.

Put 1 set aside for me :joy:

1 Like

Iā€™m a little confused. Are 6001 bearings not the right size for 12mm axles?

I shouldnā€™t need a shop press to install them. I have to assume thereā€™s another size.

1 Like

6001 is the right bearing, all you need is, put the bearings on the axle, then knock the wheel in.

2 Likes

It was the smallest job my 20 ton shop press has ever done. :joy:

Thatā€™s an interesting technique, though. Iā€™ll have to removed that for the future.

3 Likes

Can you measure the inflated diameter of the 7 inch tyre?

1 Like

Brand new evolve 7 inch, after inflated diameter is about 168mm.

3 Likes

Iā€™m with you. Having a miserable time trying to get the 6001 bearings from my Rockstar 2s in these wheels. Even using a rubber mallet isnt doing it and I donā€™t want to scratch the anodizing.

hairdryer will work wonders.

4 Likes

You tried put bearing on axle, then press the wheel in?

1 Like

@Ean.esk8
Any chance youā€™re still going to be offering the oil slick finish on the wheels?

3 Likes

i had wheels that did this once. I put a finer grit sanding cylinder on my dremel and ā€œpolishedā€ the bearing seat only, and that got the bearings in for me.

3 Likes

I considered this. I was finally able to get them on using a combo of the methods above:

• hairdryer
  • putting the wheel on the axle
  • banging it on with a rubber mallet
3 Likes

Ride them yet? Hella difficult to balance compared the hellcat boat anchors. At least the small ones.

1 Like

We have the oil slick version for the DKP which will be available soon. For the MTB, weā€™re plan to make new model instead the pentagram, will offer the oil slick look.

12 Likes

I did that too! Only that in the end my bearing was able to fall out of the seat by just tilting the wheels. Whoops.

1 Like

yeah you kind of have to be careful. They should pop out pretty easy but not just fall out on their own too easy without tapping the wheel on the bench or something. Also, using a fine grit with almost no pressure is important because youā€™re not trying to mar up the seat surface, just take a few microns off to get the bearing to seat right.

2 Likes

Epic, cant wait to see them.

1 Like

when are these things going to be back in stock? I want a set for my flux, moon gears on MBS metal matrix trucks.

5 Likes