$288 Pentagram XS/ Full alloy rims/ Wide / deep dish / for sale

I think they are designed to fit evolve pulleys

2 Likes

smaller bearing seats

1 Like

Message sent. Definitely down.

1 Like

God I hope not.

Is it possible to do 2 versions? Or to have an adapter come with them to fit regular skate bearings?

1 Like

it is evolve mounting pattern, so no point to make adaptor.

If you guys really like this design, will do another batch with mbs profile.

1 Like

Would love Oil Slicks with the MBS profile!

2 Likes

If you’re keen on designing more things… How about a really spiffy belt drive system? :sunglasses:

5 Likes

no problems👌

Evolved mounting pattern works with boardnamics gear drives now. People use their pulleys often

2 Likes

@radium performance on Instagram is doing it.

I may only make some spiffy mounts for my own truck.

4 Likes

He’s @Tony_Stark here :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

15 Likes

When will the next batch be around?

1 Like

you almost gave me a reason to go back to belts

4 Likes

Do you need a reason?

Do this thought experiment. Imagine for a moment, a world where gear drives were the common standard in 2016 - 2019. Now, someone has come along and made a brand new belt drive. What would be said?

Belt drive is reducing a lot of complexity, cost, and difficulty of servicing, for maximum benefit.

This brand new belt drive system is:

• cheaper
  • easier to install
  • more serviceable
  • has multiple vendors selling standardized parts
  • able to get belts from anywhere
  • using belts that are super cheap
  • able to to limp home on one motor by simply cutting off a belt with a pocket knife if there’s a malfunction
  • still serviceable if the company that sold your non-proprietary belt drive flops

And what if it’s the other way around? What benefits does STEEL gear drive offer?

• can use in snow

Or how about PLASTIC gear drive?

• can use in snow
  • quieter
  • might break, baby it 'cause it’s fragile

So, back to the world where gear drives are the newer option. Do you want them because they’re new? Or because they cost more? Do you actually need to use them in snow or require the quietness that plastic gears can acheive? Why not use direct drive for those reasons, it offers some of the same benefits.

So, really, do you need a reason?

IMHO you’d need a reason to use a gear drive. Maybe you just want to swing your dick and show off the most expensive toy? I mean, if that’s it, that is a valid reason. As long as we know why we’re doing what we’re doing.

Belt drive offers a lot of benefits and is undervalued IMHO. There are belt, chain, steel gear, plastic gear, direct, hub, planetary gears, and spiral bevel drives, and all offer different benefits, depending on what you’re optimizing for.

7 Likes

Free roll is better with gear drives, while still allowing you to have useful brakes

9 Likes

that’s my exact reasoning :joy:
while having belts i broke a pair every 2 weeks, wet or dry

personally, i like gears better
ya tbey’re hevier and more intensive when servicing, but i also don’t have to service them as often and i get better freeroll and efficiency

and i get to be loud :smiling_imp:

ever since switching to gears i’ve nevr had to worry about whether or not my belts will break and i could rise antwhere without getting rocks stuck or anything like that. never had a gear drive break on me yet

and i get that lovely REEEEEEEEEEEEE

in short, more wet riding, less worry of breakage, and :sparkles:noise​:sparkles: and freeroll

7 Likes

Welp then you need gear drive LOL

2 Likes

All of my gear drive boards have not been touched since the first assembly. That’s why I use gear drives.

No combination of words can counter my personal experience of sitting on the side of the road messing with belts. Getting trash out of my belts. Trying to get them to stop slipping under massive braking load.

I don’t have to think about my gear drives, ever.

9 Likes