£260 - ALL TERRAIN MOON DRIVES

Working on it now. Will try and get it to you soon.

5 Likes

Love the vendor \ maker collaboration right there!

11 Likes

What measurements would you need? I have a pair that I’m pretty certain are the same as dickyho’s although I got mine from aliexpress.

@torqueboards the hubs should fit no dramas. The bolt pattern is similar to MBS rockstars FIY

@annihil8ted

need the bolt diameter and the size of bolts used

1 Like

You’re talking about the bolts holding the 2 halves of the hub together?

Yes I am

1 Like

The cheap AliExpress wheels are 3 holes equidistant 25mm centre to centre from the axle. They are M6 bolts.

6 Likes

I just got a cad model of them, will compare the two. Thanks.

@mishrasubhransu your model has a 48mm pitch circle diameter
@Amazingdave your posts suggests that the PCD is 50mm

either way both of them work with the wheel adaptor, just need to know the right value.

5 Likes

Go with @mishrasubhransu his CAD is probably more accurate than my hurried fumblings.

4 Likes

I made 3D printed gears, adapters with that model that are currently being used by me and several others. What I have is fairly accurate.

However dickyho claims that there are different sizes of those wheels based on different manufacturer.

3 Likes

Do one thing. Measure the center to center distance of the bolt. Like the sides of an equilateral triangle. That should also give a good estimate of the diameter.

1 Like

I assumed so

I have heard this before.

1 Like

tenor%20(1)

I volunteer as tribute for testing HyperTrucks.

Also I have a spare set of Trampa trucks. Ugh.

8 Likes

Will be great to get these on some hypertrucks.

3 Likes

What kind of grease are you using. Just asking because I’m rebuilding a 1940’s drill press and need to repack the bearings with some good grease.

1 Like

Mobil 28 Aviation Grease FTW

I guess this is an off road board, right?
Any issues with hill climbing?
I am heavy so I would like To have enough torque.

That gear drive is not much more expensive than a belt drive if I understand correctly so that is definitely interesting.

Not much hills where I live unfortunately, but I wouldn’t expect any big problems as long as the hills are not with big stones or you lose traction due to lose gravel or stuff.
If you worry about too less torque you can always choose 130-150kV motors.

1 Like

That was the plan anyways because I don’t really know the relation between KV and ratio. I just thought that the lower the better for torque but don’t know if lower kv compensate for lower (or is it higher??) reduction and in which extent.

Best way always to find out by your own.
Start with something and than change what you think doesn’t fit your needs.
I run 170kV at 85kg (probably 90 with gear) and I like the combination.
Lower kV will give you more torque but less top speed.

3 Likes