£260 - ALL TERRAIN MOON DRIVES

Oh they are evil… I had my experience with one of them as well. Didn’t spot it till it was too late…

5 Likes

I can adjust the design

3 Likes

Hello Mr Moon, any idea on batch 6 availability at all?

4 Likes

I will give dates on when I expect the drives to be released next week

In the next batch I will introduce steel gears for beta testing. These gears are compatible across all batches. Ratios will be shared in a couple days time.

The steel wheel gears will be made from alloy steel. Wheel gear tooth count will be 59T. Pinions ranging from 11-18T. There’ll also be a press fit adaptor that will work with MBS, Trampa wheel hubs and will work on trampa, apex,luna trucks

11 Likes

Anyone know what size the grub screws are for the truck mounts?

M8x12mm

2 Likes

Lets see if i can’t fuck this up

10 Likes

Use this one for everything, and you’ll be good.

8 Likes

I don’t leave home without it

2 Likes

I fucked up… those clamps were way too tight… just tap them on @bboybowzer said… somewhere between that and “slipping” them on I got confused… :joy: oil slicks are a bit thicker than the blacks though.

3 Likes

Yeah i found out that tapping the clamps with a hammer makes installing the wheel gear bearing a little tricky :rofl:

1 Like

I told you ha I think I finally got my mesh figured out… now for this hub spacing extravaganza… @moon maybe some labels on baggies? Prettt sure I used wrong bolts in wrong places but luckily I have a plethora of hardware :joy: (updated instructions and details about the fixed holes might be nice too) fucking sexy gear though!

2 Likes

Not what she said :joy:

2 Likes

Happened the same to me yestarday, had to use the hammer but the clamp stayed half the way in. In the end had to cut the clamp off…

1 Like

I had the same issue with the black version of the MBS trucks. I sanded the paint off where I needed to be able to slip the mounts on. Had the same issue with the Lacroix motor mounts as well. The MBS CAD file is .1mm off maybe?..

1 Like

The clamp is based from the CAD file of the lacroix mounts.

3 Likes

I’ve also heard that MBS’s truck tolerances are shit… Never owned a set though.

3 Likes

I think its great that its a snug fit. Although next time i’llbe sanding rather than hammering :rofl:

4 Likes

Ouch! That must have hurt… I managed to install mine completely

6 Likes

That what I was gonna do but bao acted like I was stupid or something haha so I tried it and when I realized, it was already too late. So I just beat them the rest of the way on… then had to sand the clamps a bit

4 Likes