£260 - ALL TERRAIN MOON DRIVES

Will it be a new mounting system to replace the old screw through the hub?

Im all for upgrading :smiley: just give me signal I can test it :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah, do share some deets!

1 Like

Any news on hypertrucks clamps?

1 Like

The clamps that were remade fit correctly now. Need to order some bearings and bolts specific to the LC drives and need to print some spacers…

6 Likes

Missed the Lunas =(
More on the way?

2 Likes

Err not sure tbh. Might work on a few more truck prototypes and see what I like.

In other news I am working on a gear drive adaptor for the NoSno composite hangers. I am stoked

9 Likes

We haven’t seen any reviews of the Lunas, i have been looking forward to that

@abusfullofnuns has been putting a lot miles on his lunas recently

1 Like

Ask this guy

2 Likes

Any 9 tooth helicals expected in future batches mate?

Yes next batch

1 Like

@moon I’m trying to assemble my gears, and the MBS clamps are so damn tight, I’m having to tap them on with a hammer. I’m a bit scared they’re gonna lock up before I get to the fastening screw. Any tips?

Do I need a press, or a file? Or jsut to be more brutalist with them?

Are they oil slicks?

No. They are Metal Matrix

I used a PVC pipe that was slightly wider than the hanger, and used a rubber mallet and that to push them on. Worked like a charm. Don’t forget to put the gear drive case on first though, lol. That mistake took an hour to undo from my part xd

Knew I shouldn’t have gone for a non-CNC truck

2 Likes

I have the oil slick version, I had to file them a bit for the drive clamp to fit.

Tap the clamps on until they get tight but so you can still remove them. You can then see marks on the trucks where you have to sand or file those spots down. Keep trying that until the clamps go on. Should not take very long.

1 Like

One more vote for pvc and rubber mallet!

1 Like

Both of mine are locked up before they have even got over the sunken grub screw, guess I need some fettling if I dont want these to be a press-fit fiasco

1 Like

TL DR of the Lunas they are worth every penny, I have not been able to put alot of miles on the APEX AIRs to compare, but so far I have not enjoyed another set of trucks as much, only thing is they one thing and one thing only Riptide WFB bushings and the right durometer for your weight, now I can go full throttle hitting my current max speed around 50-55 km/h with the most stable ride available.

With how wide the trucks are and the WFB formula the trucks become “anti-wobble” I do dare say, because I have had other trucks that start resonating and want to wobble if you dont stay steady with the foot, while with this setup I can “provoke” speed wobbles and they just get “drained” by the setup.

I will increase wheel size and increase motor pinion count to increase the speed, but I’m just enjoying this speed range too much right now.

Cons are as following moon geardrives ground clearance is not great so anything smaller than 7" will end up you scraping the group all the time and secondly, this is a really WIDE BOI setup, it’s nothing petite about it, but you get used to it really quick.

4 Likes