£260 - ALL TERRAIN MOON DRIVES

Has anyone use those hobbyking Turnigy SK8 motors with these drives ? Or knows if this wil work ? I can remember that the keyway was a bit weird ?

1 Like

@moon do you happen to restock 10mm bore pinions together with the geardrives?

yes Ill restock them

3 Likes

Great!
More annoying questions:
On phatlads hubs there is an outer and inner bolt pattern. By default they come with screws on the outer side.
Can i use the inner holes to mount directly on the geardrive? It would be significantly easier to replace a flat with a complete spare like this i think.

Also, is there anything at all in the works to add mud covers? At least a 3dprint i hope

1 Like

Yep, that’s the point.
I bought 5 phatladz to have an inflated spare wheel in a backpack, ready to go on both front and back xD

3 Likes

They should work, you do need to cut the shaft of the motor to make it shorter. And the keyway cutout is shorter than the standard size. I believe it only fits a 8x3 mm keway, I cut down a 12 mm one. Plus you need to close the gap between the internal motor faceplate and the motor pinion with a brass collar/spacer, this keeps the motor can in place. The motors come with this collar, you just need to cut it to the right length to gap the space perfectly. So before you attach the motor pinion, line everything up and measure the distance. The brass collar also sits a little inside the faceplate so make sure you take that distance into account as well.

1 Like

Thank you :pray:

1 Like

That’s my plan as well.
Got 2 to see how they compare to fivestars and they look sooo much better, bearings fit correctly, spacer included, trucks made to fit, etc.
And the 9 inch mudplugger tyre… damn.
It’s gonna be a beast with these drives

2 Likes

Moon gear drives DO FIT on 3DSERVISAS trucks! Ohh she’s thick now boy

12 Likes

Don’t mind the Qtips. It’s for cleaning board parts.

2 Likes

the older gen 22x22 ones ye

1 Like

Hmm I didn’t know there’s a new gen. I only just received these a week ago.

1 Like

oh huh I thought their hangers had moved to 20x20… nvm

2 Likes

They might have, maybe I just was sent the old stock. Idk. Anyways I don’t wanna derail this thread but I’m happy as fuck

2 Likes

You can rope jump with flipsky phase wires lol

1 Like

@Fosterqc you are right they are 20 x 20.
@DANGItsVictor they were clearing out the V1’s They were on sale
If you bought it here: FatBoy320 V1 Solid CNC Machined Hanger for MBS Metal Matrix II Top Bas – 3DServisas Its a V1 aka 22x22 like everyone else. (trampa, apex, etc)
It doesn’t look like V2s are for avalible for stand alone sale yet :slight_smile: Those are 20x20 and doesn’t work with anything else :sweat_smile:

Glad you confirmed this though. Now I know the older 3ds drives are compatible with apex trucks and moon trucks too :smiley:

2 Likes

5 Likes

I sell both 20x20 and 22x22mm clamps

7 Likes

Smart man right here. Now I just need my new motors and your rims!

Gear drives will be live on the website Sunday 25th 8pm UK time

12 Likes