24s All-in-one BMS Protection Board -MKBMS

Hi friends, new arrival-12s All-in-one BMS Protection Board.

Now enjoy $20 off for every $200 + 8% discount

1 Like

These actually look great. Well done.

Any chance of small charge-only versions?

5 Likes

Maybe in the future we will launch a small charge-only versions. Not sure yet. This version is quite space-saving now.

2 Likes

Maybe in the future we will launch a small charge-only version. Not sure yet. This version is quite space-saving now. Thanks

2 Likes

What does the asterisk after the 200A rating mean? There was no explanation on your web page.

2 Likes

Are you using lowside switch or highside switch?

Oh nice you’re using those fancy redcube connectors

1 Like

Hi bro, 200A means the highest current pulse that can withstand. Thanks

1 Like

Hello sir, we use the highside switch. This is the picture. Have a good day! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Thanks!

How long can the 200A pulse be?
How often can it be pulsed at 200A? That is, how long of a rest between 200A pulses does it need?

Hi bro, good day.

So sorry for the delay reply.

200A means the sudden pulse, it could not be lasted.

Because we parallel 4 mosfets on the board, It ideally support 100A continuous current.

If you want bigger discharge current, we could customize for you.

And we are testing the charge-only modify board to see if it works well.

If you’re interested in the charge-only modified board, we could tell you later. :blush:

2 Likes

That 100A rating creates a lot of heat in the ESC and can create a lot of heat in the wire leads too. At 100A I would recommend at least 8AWG but 4AWG would be better.

Thank you for responding. These ESC’s were actually tested at 100A continuous? That means we can use it for hours at 100A continuous?

Or is that 100A rating just an estimate for marketing use?

Hi, thanks for your reply. We use this kind of 12AWG

It could withstand 88.4A. And we used FSESC to test 100A for over ten minutes, it seems OK.
Could you take a picture of your line? We want to have a look.

1 Like

this is what has been used in esk8 (credit to @b264 )

2 Likes

Hmm…so you are rating that BMS at above the 88.4A rating of the wire you use. Why was that done? Just a false rating created for marketing reasons?

Was that 100A for your tests coming from the battery?

…it seems okay? Were the MOSFET case and PCB temperatures measured and were the MOSFET junction temperatures calculated to make sure they were not running too hot?

Which MOSFETs does this BMS use? Same ones as used by the 24S board?

Ten minutes is not continuous either and that is certainly not the basis for a rating. Surviving for ten minutes is a short-term capability without any idea of how often you can do that or if the BMS can survive that for longer.

You need to run several units for hundreds, if not thousands, of hours at 100A before you can rate something at 100A continuous. You also need to run a big number of heat-up and cool-down cycles as many components can fail from the stress created by that (“thermal fatigue”).

But perhaps all that testing has been done?

I do not have 12AWG wire here that I was running at current levels that high. There is no way I would ever try to use 12AWG wire at 100A continuous! That would be ridiculous in my opinion. It would be hot enough to melt a lot of types of plastics and even the silicone insulation would break down fairly quickly.

I am using the calculations for the copper itself, estimating how hot the copper would get. Here’s one table you can use: Temperature Rise by Current | ISRayfast

Thank you for responding and for your time.

7 Likes

Well, thanks for your reply and question, very detailed and professional.

The package list doesn’t include the 12AWG line, people could choose line type according to their needs.

Maybe the time we tested the continuous discharge is not long enough.
Sorry, technical products should be tested very accurate. But please believe that our intention is not to exaggerate marketing.

I have also given this feedback to the team members. We will keep improving the testing standards of all products in the future, maybe a long way to go.

We highly appreciate your careful spirit and thank you very much for raising this question.

But if people need such big discharge current, we recommend to bypass the discharge/ regen so that there is no discharge current limit.

We admit that we are not perfect but we will work hard on it.

Thanks for your question to make us better!

6 Likes

Well, thanks for your reply and question, very detailed and professional.

The package list doesn’t include the 12AWG line, people could choose line type according to their needs.

Maybe the time we tested the continuous discharge is not long enough.
Sorry, technical products should be tested very accurate. But please believe that our intention is not to exaggerate marketing.

I have also given this feedback to the team members. We will keep improving the testing standards of all products in the future, maybe a long way to go.

We highly appreciate your careful spirit and thank you very much for raising this question.

But if people need such big discharge current, we recommend to bypass the discharge/ regen so that there is no discharge current limit.

We admit that we are not perfect but we will work hard on it.

Thanks for your question to make us better!

3 Likes

Thank you for mentioning this. I will change my post.

5 Likes

Best response I’ve ever seen from a vendor after a battery mooch beatdown haha

Mad respect @Maxkgoesk8 you passed the test lol

7 Likes

:joy: Best respect to Battery_Mooch as well. He is so professional and careful. Because of his suggestions, vendors product could be more reliable. :wink:

7 Likes

Well well well, looks like i finally found what i need for my 24S go-kart :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes