2020 Build of the Year--Winners and Prizes!

Not at the moment. I just don’t have the capacity for it. It may happen at some point though.

3 Likes

remind me at that some point… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

What a premium competition this years. Amazing prizes. Congratulation to the winners, the organisersa and the vendors who donate these incredible gifts

10 Likes

Congrats!! Great builds!! Dope prizes too.

9 Likes

Incredibly awesome builds! Congrats to everybody finishing her/his project in time. I didn’t :sweat_smile:
I love the variety here, so inspiring! The more diversity the better :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Okay I’ll bitch a bit :
Look at this build
Look at it damn it !!

It haven’t got the love it deserved, the 3 boards are real nice, yeah but conventional. This build is just taking it to the next level, full diy mode with ton of crazy innovations

This build deserved to be on the podium in my opinion.
Bitching done

12 Likes

You’re not wrong. There just wasn’t time to figure out and populate numerous categories.

4 Likes

I fully agree with this. For DIY chops alone, this build deserves recognition.

I disagree with this part though. All three winners pushed the boundaries of esk8 in their own unique way, and deserve every bit of the applause they got.

I will concede that we definitely need more spotlights next BOTY. Having categories will help shift the focus from just the nicest and flashiest boards (and hopefully make this less of a popularity contest, which I feel it still kind of is to some degree).

All that said, we should also be encouraging community members to campaign (in this community) for the boards they want to win while the contest is going! If you had posted this message in the Voting thread two weeks ago, you may have swayed some votes :wink:

15 Likes

Hey all-

As you know, @glyphiks the legend has given away a custom skinned Evo as a BOTY prize, which is super fucking generous.

Given that, it hardly seems fair for him to also foot the bill for shipping it to the states, though that was his intention.

Myself and the other organizers will be chipping in, and if anyone else wants to help out with a share, that would be much appreciated.

9 Likes

Post a link for donation. I’ll throw in

8 Likes

Thanks. I asked Al if he could get a shipping quote going. A few besides yourself have already offered, so we might have a “less hands make light work” thing happening here.

6 Likes

Appreciate it gentlemen.

Apologies for the delay @DEEIF, got a fair bit of shit going on lately and i’ve dropped the ball a bit here. Will get this arranged asap :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

@glyphiks if you go on PayPal on your computer, there is an option called “Create a money pool.” While this sounds like an button designed upon request of Jeff Bezos that was accidentally merged into everyone’s PayPal, it can actually be used to set a funding goal and take payments up to that goal within a specific time frame. Could be good for what we’re looking for.

Or maybe just a sign-up list and everyone who signs up chips in an equal portion of the total :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Cheers dude, sounds ideal. Will look into it :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

TIL. Thanks, Frenjamin.

2 Likes

TIL
:exploding_head:

Ok dudes. I did computer stuff and things.

LINK DELETED

Target is $175 AUD

Love the fact that you guys have offered to chip in on this, mad respect.

Even the smallest contribution is more than what I was expecting, so whatever is remaining at the end, I am more than happy to cover.

Cheers dudes!

Edit: Pool closes on Monday so I can have the deck in the mail next week.

9 Likes

I’ll tip in

7 Likes

Broke as fuck right now. But I gave what I could at the moment.

8 Likes

Dude, as I said, every penny is more than what I expected so it’s massively appreciated. Even more so from a piece of shit like yourself :kissing_heart:

12 Likes