200x75 Tires for science

Considering my average is 28Wh/mi.

4 Likes

Oh never :sweat_smile:
I was behaving properly.

For legal reasons🤞
let’s just take the speed number on the screenshot as TRUE and VALID.

The main detail is the power consumption did not decreased drastically.

P.S.
you know I got a case from that accident some time ago. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :hugs:

10 Likes

What inflation pressures are you running? I have found the tire pressure alone can account for 2 Wh/Mi on bergmeisters.

4 Likes

Sunday did a nice run at Central Park, the park was not crowded as usual since people are staying home, this was great and I was able to have a nice constant speed without that many changes.

This time made sure the setting in the app for speed and distance data were set to motor and dual configuration, see picture

Gearing Settings:

Now for the run.

• Rider weight 218 pounds.
  • start fully charge battery 50.4V (XL2.0 pack), finish 2 miles after soft cut-off kicked in.
  • Loop data screenshot

Remarks

• With the XL2.0, I get 23 miles of range on that same road and similar conditions.
  • Don’t know how the Xmatic is calculating the energy consumed because it shows1,262.1Wh and the 12S-4P of 20700b on this pack is a 745Wh pack, I’ll need to get a metr app to look into this.

Conclusion still a pretty decent efficiency for the fat tires and @NullReference I checked into the pressure and increased to 50 psi this helped :+1:t2:.

5 Likes

I have bad news for you. ESCs similar to the Unity shouldn’t have double data turned on. Otherwise you managed to consume 1,262.1wh from a 700Wh pack.

You managed 33.95 Wh/Mi, which is pretty respectable for an AT board averaging 25.3mph with a top speed of 31.1mph.

How comfortable were the tires at 50PSI? I know that Bergmeisters are like rocks at that pressure.

Edit: I made this mistake on my Unity once.

4 Likes

@NullReference
The rolling was improved but the ride not very comfortable, it transfer too many vibrations.

On the app numbers is clear something is fishy there but not relevant too much since we got the data we need, mainly distance and speed.

For disclosure, I maintained a pretty stable speed which always help with the range.

1 Like

I would love to see a test between the fat tires and the skinny tires from a comfort perspective. My hypothesis is that the fat tires can reach the same comfort level as the skinny tires at a higher, more efficient tire pressure.

Test the fat tires and the skinny tires at 30psi, 40psi, 50psi, and max inflation over a bumpy and rough stretch of asphalt and rate the comfort out of ten.

The wh/mi and wh in the app looks like it’s exactly double what I’m expecting to see, so I think its the double data. @deodand can probably confirm the double data issue.

2 Likes

Have you tried the 6 X 3s on? Just wondering how would those fair with the range - they look just as grippy

Still have not give it a try
Testing a hub design for this 6x3
Still have to work some stress test but almost there.

13 Likes

Where can you find the 6x3s?

2 Likes

@APsychoticPillow. Probs if you promise to show for a race.

2 Likes

I’m down for a race, just gotta be 6ft away from everyone

4 Likes

Do you think the fit the etoxx offset hubs?

1 Like

Haven’t ridden then. Some people here
Might know.