200x75 Tires for science

They didn’t fit the nazare well without messing with the system. They were obviously 20-25mm too wide.

My gearing on the 44diyvolve is not optimal. I’ll hit up @Janux-esk8 for 50-55t wheel pulleys and try them out in a bit.

2 Likes

It’s happening with Kaly! Get ready…

11 Likes

I have these on fivestars. I’ll see if I have the right belts and throw them on the carver… Only thing is, I know the range is gonna drop from 9mi to like 5.

7 Likes

last I heard, Ernesto @Kaly was making these hubs for the 6X3 Clever tires… as it is presently Clevers don’t fit Kaly hubs!!!

4 Likes

brilliant! please share how these 200x75 tires go.

Did you use any spacers?

Not yet. The pulleys might not fit on them as they are.

2 Likes

But they fit fivestars without modification? Ignoring any drivetrain incompatibilities

1 Like

Correct.

1 Like

Thats good news :slight_smile:

3 Likes

FiveStars are the most underrated hub out there lol. So cheap too. Never seen a damaged one other than the one I drilled through like a dumb fuck.

Not many people riding them either though :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

Only downside is that they are white

3 Likes

That nylon takes paint well. Thinking of dyeing them but not sure if the nylon will deform.

For science!

Shame that the rockstar 2s are offered in so many other colors.

6 Likes

11 Likes

just waiting on the dye to arrive and i will test too :wink:

2 Likes

I hope it works out!

2 Likes

@Arzamenable
Hope is ok if I jump in

I received the test units for the hubs
This ones

And set it up on my boards for a test
Man what a grip this thing has

Now a brief description of the wheel behavior.
At first the feel of the board is a bit different but 10 to 15 minutes later this are awesome.

The ride is smoother since thickness goes over most cracks on the pavement, at medium speed (25-30 mph) this feel stable, still can’t test all out since I’m recuperating from shoulder surgery :cry:.

The best is the super grip this things provides for tight cornering are way better than the 8x2.

On the power consumption, I did a test today at Randall’s island park.
on a 8.8 miles circuit using the same board fully charging the battery on each circuit.
Recording the trip on the Xmatic app.

• first with the 200x75 fully charge board

• later with the 200x50 also with fully charge board

As you can see only a 6.5W/mi loss.
    I was expecting this to be the case since the overall diameter of the wheel has not change and the losses are due to the extra friction from the width.

The maneuverability is surprisingly not compromised by the width and the carving is superb, will need to retrain my a ankles :laughing:.

Will make a video tomorrow

22 Likes

looking awesome

5 Likes

Nice man. Can’t wait to try some of these.

4 Likes

80+ Wh/mile seems crazy high. Are you sure you weren’t ripping it hard Ernesto? I wont tell your doctor :shushing_face:

9 Likes