160mm All Terrain Tire Kit TB160

Yep!

Char

@sn4pz this is the first prototype. We have a new one but no photos atm.

5 Likes

Ok so the hubs and tire fit 6"x2" tubes or atleast they do the ones I got from dickyho. I will say once you inflate them, the tire is rounder because of the difference in tubes. Will post pics tommo after a test ride

Any update on whether these hubs fit 8" tires?

They should fit 8" @Mar-Key

1 Like

Soooo @torqueboards just sent me a set of replacement pulleys because I had issues with the first set that caused me to lose a lot of range. I had taken off my belts and noticed my wheels were not free spinning, eventually I realized it was due to the pulley bearings not spinning, I swapped in a new set and it did the same thing.

It turns out the bearing was being compressed by the non circular bearing seat in the pulley causing it to seize up. The new pulley I got today was not any better. One turns ok, the other is complete seized up. Check yours if you are getting bad mileage.

9 Likes

Also working on getting some aluminum drive wheel pulleys also. Just FYI.

5 Likes

I hope you plan on giving existing plastic pulley customers a refund or discount. Shrinkage sucks. Now I gotta hand money over to Dave for a set of shooters and have him say “I told you so”

5 Likes

Send us an email. I can send out the aluminum pulley once they are in stock. @Mikenopolis

3 Likes

I noticed that the bearing had spun on the axle so I installed a 3mm bearing spacer and it seems to have improved quite a bit.

It seemed a bit odd that there were normal bearing spacers included with the wheels but not installed and no spacer for the wheel to pulley bearing. Isn’t proper bearing spacing skateboarding 101?

3 Likes

Can you take a pic looking at it straight through?

1 Like

I noticed this on mine as well, the bearings seemed okay, but I honestly haven’t even finished that board to know if there’s a real issue.

2 Likes

Received my trucks/wheels combo and not happy with the product. Its my first board build so i cant compare it to anything else but if anyone looking to buy those these are the issues im having:
Wobbly and unbalanced wheels - pretty much imposible for me to balance.
Pulleys somehow bind on the axle, took bearings out of pulley and it barely spins. In the pulley they bind.
Cant install everything with washers/spacers included, had to purchase separate washers just to get right length of thread showing (knew what im getting but still annoying)
Tightening axle bolts is fine for front wheels but with pulleys it just locks the wheel.
Tyre on one wheel was installed wrong way.
Expected parts coming from same company would fit well with each other but no luck. Sorry to say this but i wouldnt recommend this set.

8 Likes

Now that I have put a few more km on these wheels I am noticing quite a bit of noise. I think the pulley is a bit out of round and the belt tension is changing as the wheels rotate.

2 Likes

THIS.
these wheels suck

2 Likes

You can fix this by drilling out the back side of the bearing seat. Same thing happened to me it’s not the seat shrinking it’s that the bearing gets compressed against the flat side in the back of the seat. Pull a bearing out of one of your hubs and copy the size of the lip on the back side of the seat. Still should be addressed by the manufacturer.

2 Likes

Picture pls?

Hmmm that does make sense. So in simpler terms, the hole is too small. I feel like it should’ve been designed to use a flanged bearing instead.

1 Like

Yeah flange bearing like the old enertion pulley would have worked

2 Likes

alright… Time to do this.