12s7p Qb26800 "That's Two KiloWatt Hours" Topmount

Alright let’s make use of this new category right away.
No promises this is how you should build a battery but I’m going to document the process as best I can.

The cells:
6.8 Ah * 3.7v * 12 * 7 = 2,113 Watt Hours
So yeah. Range for days.
They’re officially, 30a. It I’m considering them closer to 20a.
Should still be a 140 Amp ampacity so power should be sufficient.

Going to be an upright box or possibly 10x7 with two on p groups laid flat on top. Going to have to nail down an enclosure while I make p groups. This started as a 12s4p so the enclosure I have doesn’t work anymore. :man_shrugging:

Here’s some pics, updates to follow

16 Likes

Sending you some rings today! That’s fits great into that box! You plan on some fishpaper in between those pgroups?

1 Like

Unfortunately it won’t fit into that box :confused:
Only 9 p groups for upright and then the 3 groups won’t fit.

I could widen the box but that might bore effort than it’s worth

There will be fishpaper yes.

1 Like

I know I’m really bad at counting, but isn’t that only 9s7p…? I guess 3s7p flat on the top, but how will you pack the BMS and all the wires in there? Is the height of the enclosure even tall enough for 106mm of cell?

1 Like

Correct. I won’t be using that box. It was just something I had when I still planned a 12s4p. @PrivacyDoctor doctor sold me 36 more so now I gotta find a new box

2 Likes

Should I be welding s groups first? I’m worried about series resistance at 150 amps …

This should do 12s8p with a stagger, technically its 11.6x8.8 but the zigzag should pick up the needed room. Plus its tall enough to have a vertical layer of cells, then a horizontal layer, then a fat BMS

That space provides 301.6x228.6mm, a staggered 12s8p 26x80 cell pack will be 273.7x221mm so you would definitely be in clear

2 Likes

6.8Ah per cell? Wow so a 10s2p is the same or rather more than a 10s4p 30q pack? Have you calculate if they actually have 6.8Ah?

2 Likes

I can’t speak to much practically. @skyart ran these for a while.

Battery Test qb26800

2 Likes

Mooch tested these, the 2 he had tested resulted on over 7000mah, this is a great cell.

Cells were donated by @PrivacyDoctor from the latest QB batch.

3 Likes

The battery i had built was a 12s5p double stack under a trampa HS11 had to custom make the enclosure out of pretty big plastic tubs. A double stack with these takes up the same space as an 18650 triple stack. These will only work for top mounts or very big decks that have lots of space underneath

Oh i totally underestimated the size of 26800 cells until i saw this picture :joy:

7 Likes

Lol yeah they are insane :rofl: but a really great performing cell! I would consistently get 30 miles with end of ride voltage at above 44v on 12s

5 Likes

Hooooooly shit but you could possibly do a single stack in an eboosted DS enclosure… hmmm. Possibilities

6 Likes

You might be able to do 12s keep in mind 80mm is pretty long for a cell not sure you could fit 12s

Maybe 12s3p

2 Likes

Depends on the enclosure, a 26800 takes up an extra 78% more space than a 18650 so 5p becomes a 3p

3 Likes

That’s a big battery.

10S3P of these fit real nice in a hummie deck w/ a single stack enclosure.

4 Likes

Keep in mind that 3 p is only 60 amps cont. 90 burst. Not bad but not amazing either

1 Like

Good enough for a mid-range board. Good fit for a hummie on thane, imo. Range for days.

2 Likes

Time to embark on a new battery journey

A Trampa Carver DS can almost fit a staggered DS 21700 so pretty sure I can fit a single stack 12s if you’re creative AND that’s exactly what I’m gonna do now for my Trampa Carver. Who wants some P42A cells?

2 Likes