10s4p battery 5-6A charger?

Anything 1C or less is usually considered safe. So if your battery is 12Ah, then 12A max. It’s best to look at the cell manufacturer spec sheet though.

For example, the Samsung 30Q cell can be fast charged at 4A, which is ~1.33C. So a 10s4p pack using 30Q cells can safely be charged at 4A x 4 = 16A.

If max cycle-life is a priority then charging at 0.5C is ideal.

4 Likes

What do you mean by “0.5C”? Temperature? I am using a 10a4p 30Q with a 36V 4A metro board charger

The C-rating refers to the capacity of a cell. There’s some good info here: https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/what_is_the_c_rate

A 10s4p pack made from 30Q cells gives a total capacity of 12Ah (3Ah per cell x 4p). So charging at 4A is ~0.33C (4A / 12Ah) which is totally safe.

According to the Samsung spec sheet a standard charge for your pack is 6A (1.5A x 4p). A rapid charge 16A (4A x 4p).

1 Like

Ah ok. So I’ll go with 4A because I don’t want to break my charge port

1 Like

Do you know how long it’ll take?

Not yet. But I will. Also, if I can’t figure out I might hire someone to do so. Spent an arm and a leg on that bad boi

From empty to full should take ~3 hours (12Ah / 4A). Probably a bit longer though.

1 Like

Ok that’s good. What’s the 12Ah?

YOur battery capacity.

1 Like

How do we know that?

You said you have a 10s4p 30Q battery. Refer to @Bataleon post for the math.

2 Likes

Ohhh ok. I got it. Thanks

2 Likes

The mini fast charger I sell would also work

3 Likes

Looks like I’ll go with that one.

What is the difference between the 2 shipping options? There’s a $0.06 difference

1 Like

Just my inexperience with e-commerce sites lol

It’ll ship the same method and it’s in stock now

2 Likes

Ok I’m planing on ordering in a few days or so

1 Like

I agree with th first sentence, but they are usually rated for 5A and only a very, very small amount seem to be rated for 7A.

1 Like

C = 1/hours

much in the same way that

Hz = 1/seconds (for measuring frequency)

1 Like

Ernesto uses some crazy charger pins, plugs, and adapters on his Kaly 8 amp chargers… super stout looking!!!

that reminds me… I gotta go ask him where he gets them…

1 Like

mouser 490-PP3-002AH for the 8A plug, I have some here, they are thicc

If you find a great jack, let me know :ok_hand:

1 Like