10mm to 8mm step down axles for Surf Rodz (Gauging interest)

Supposedly 8mm skate bearings are better than 10mm ones due to them having larger balls inside. They’re also more available than 10mm ones. Unfortunately, some trucks’ hangers (Surf Rodz) have been designed to use 10mm axles. This thread is meant to see how large of a demand there would be for someone like @moon or @Boardnamics to make and sell some converter axles.

(Surf Rodz themselves already sell such a thing, but in only 1 size, meaning they’re too short for use with most mounts: https://www.surf-rodz.com/products/truck-parts/10-x-8mm-conversion-kit )

How many pairs (1 pair satisfies 1 truck) would you buy if this was a thing?

0 voters

2 Likes

I totally didn’t buy an expensive set of ceramic bearings only to find out they don’t fit lol

6 Likes

I think I would need a minimum of 8 sets interested, Seems like Surfrodz are selling 4 axles for $96 excluding shipping :confused:

Few ideas

Axle made from 4140Crmo steel
Axle with 10mm to 8mm stepdown. 5/16-24 threading for the axle nut

3 Likes

I think @XTLA might have done something similar, but I am definitely interested. That way we don’t have fiddle with stripped inner threads

3 Likes

Yeah I have already done that to one hanger before. Pretty annoying

1 Like

Well…

I’ve been working on a similar problem for about a month.

I’ll work something up and make a post later tonight.

7 Likes

Woo! We’ve reached 20 total pairs! That’s definitely more than the 8 sets @moon quoted :slight_smile:

Will wait to see what others still have to say, and possibly start negotiating what size we go for. (I’m using mine for Moon’s LRV drives, but others may want shorter sizes)

2 Likes

I just realized that I would not be able to use these. RIP

3 Likes