Zoobomb abec11 74a 111mm Thane

Kegel is not rated for over 85mm… its not suitable for 111

1 Like

Well that’s why blue tb110s are shit (apparentlyone bad batch but I hated the non existent customer support too). Hopefully learn from that and change design to lock urethane in place.

2 Likes

Loaded otang have tried, the core as it is won’t be reliable over 85mm. This is also an ABEC wheel, so they’re not going to do a batch with a non ABEC core

4 Likes

Yeah I get that. Just hoping if enough people ask then someone will have a go at making them. Surely the kegel hub can be modified to stop the urethane separating from the core. Please, anyone haha

2 Likes

It’d basically be a new mould/core, with probably some insane upfront costs. I wish it could happen I just don’t think its possible

the important part is the mounting standard, couldn’t companies just re-use the hole pattern without using the exact same core?

3 Likes

That was only an issue on the lastest batch of the competing wheels, I think. I never saw or heard of that on earlier batches. I feel like there was a snafu at the factory, but IDK :man_shrugging:

But, one could easily have the abec style racetrack around a core with kegel hole pattern in the center. In fact you could have a couple of those racetracks to deal with high core torque.

But yeah, definitely would buy if kegel pattern was available

2 Likes

Thats interesting. I bet Kegals would work, but would require the kegals having a slighty deeper core covering more internal surface area.

then again that would be changing the Kegals though not changing how it fits. then again alluminum core might be interesting.

Loaded has tried - havent seen this myself but loaded thane is not VERY sticky at all.
Ollin Poppcas had a solid formula though 90mm - they are increable 78A is perfect took me 2000km to break in the wheels the skin was that solid. Their Core did seam reinforced somehow increably strong
Busted boards succesfully did 100mm however on 81A would lean to the 78A of Ollin
Most china brands do not have sticky thane as i would call it.

Either way we can dream would support that. Abec core really does seem to disapoint/had bad luck i

2 Likes

How do these wheels compare to the 85mm OTang Caguama 77a Blue wheels?

I remember seeing somewhere on this forum that the newest batch(es) of 111s have poor quality. Is this true?

No. The zoobomb 111s are basically perfect. You’re thinking of the torque boards 110s

3 Likes

There was something else about the 111s, not the TB110s (I’m aware of the set of challenges the latter faced).

Guess I’ll plan to pencil in the 111s.

Only complaint about the 111s I’ve ever heard is the fact that they were green as fuck, which is no longer an issue with the white ones that you can dye literally any color

1 Like

Can you dye them flashing purple or blinking cyan? :grin:

I was thinking the RIT Aquamarine or Kentucky Sky would work well

True statement!

2 Likes

I would also pretty much agree with you both as this 🖼 Pictures and Nothing Else! - #12540 by Snowhiter and perhaps this, may show . . . ?
20221011_204658_757_1

6 Likes