zesc raiden7 and my scooter

what type of range and speed are you expecting.
I have a Razor E300 shell that I want to put a new set up in any recommendations on parts?
Do you need any people to test in scooters?

thank you for your interest. right now, it is just for my personal project. I will post any update of my scooter here. if I were you, I will buy a 2kw 10inch hub motor and make a 16s 18650 batt pack. I think a 2kw hub motor can be easily overclocked to 3-4kw, cause I pushed my 1kw 8inch motor to 2.2kw.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info, cant wait to see what you end up with the scooter.

1 Like

add some color markers on the terminal and redesign the io port.
make it have potential to be a water proof esc.

12 Likes

10awg & xt90

9 Likes

Just a heads up if you use low-side shunts you can’t use any meaningful amount of filtering since the phase current is pulsed. Only phase shunts can use the filters like Vedder added to the VESC 6. Can’t tell from photo if these are phase or low-side but if I had to guess I’d say low-side based on positioning.

Been toying with the idea of a switched filter where you only connect the filter caps when in v0. Need to make some hardware to test.

4 Likes

yes, low side shunt is only working when low side fet is on. I did a test. I enable and disable the filter, motor detection results are slightly different. can not say it is not functional. I will check does the filter make the measurement more accurate.

1 Like

Well, you can say it makes it less functional if you think critically about it. The filter will cause the current to be consistently under-estimated since a certain percentage of time no current is flowing through the shunt. A low pass filter time averages the current measurement and so it will cause your motor current measurements to be biased.

7 Likes

emmmm reasonable. thinking about remove them.

8 Likes

a 2.42 inch 12864 oled display :blush:

14 Likes

Looks dope! Is it RGB, or just yellow and black?

1 Like

just yellow and black.

shame, was about to suggest you change the colors to this:

8 Likes

:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

The display will be driven by the zesc?

Still waiting for this as my >12s dreams. Looks like great work

2 Likes

Woah! What firmware is it using? Modified Vesc6?

A couple of these are exactly what I am looking to get for my scooter. I was going to use some YYK controllers To run higher voltages, but then I would have to move the battery and the rewire everything etc.Just to get them to fit. Looks like I could prob get a pair to fit in the space I have in the deck.
Keep it up brother. When you have these ready for sale I’m down for a couple.

2 Likes

Raiden7 is almost done. IMU added. I am going to make my scooter.

so ugly? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17 Likes

Sweet, ide be down to test one at 18S

2 Likes

some updates

22 Likes