*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

No one has a production unit.They are in…“production”

Only test units have seen the light of day.

2 Likes

thanks for the input

the pcb’s don’t appear to be identical to other esc’s on the market, so it’s not obvious what the answer is here. i’d like to think they were engineered and manufactured in-house, but if that was the case neo could have shared insight into qc protocols and load test results.

requests for testing data by a well-respected member

they could have talked about how and why they chose the components they did. they could have waited for tester feedback before ordering a second batch. they could have printed an auspicious chinese proverb or a meme on the board.

if jeremy does end up shipping his boards soon, i’d be curious to see what the electronics look like

the mystery continues

6 Likes

Or not! Where is my fucking neobox replacement :crazy_face:

1 Like

yeah i noticed this when it was happening, but chinese manufactures are known for minimum/absent qc, so it doesn’t mean it was not in house,
still if you went all the trouble of designing a pcb and producing it, why not actually make honest money sending the produce instead of disappearing ?

it just stands in very stark contrast to @zhanzhan’s three esc threads, in which they describe the components used, provide the reasoning for their design choices, and take community feedback to heart v7h
v6c
v6c v2

7 Likes

Ah. So I’m not alone. Good to know.

1 Like

Nope, just filed dispute, my 180 days runs out tomorrow, double check your PayPal, even though I ordered on the 5th, the transaction was listed as being done on the 4th

6 Likes

This is what got me as well. I paid a few days after the invoice was made, but the time limit was the invoice creation date + 180 days. (Or I messed up somewhere else :man_shrugging: ) So I missed my date. :frowning_face:

8 Likes

Hopefully you have a smile on your face when you get what you paid for!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I got nothing lol

7 Likes

I’m still holding out hope. Thankfully I ordered in April… I’m hindsight, probably not the best move to open orders for production units shortly after (immediately??) test units were sold out.

:crossed_fingers: for you man. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I almost ordered 4 myself :pleading_face:

3 Likes

:relieved::trophy::star2:

You made it!

2 Likes

@rusins call paypal and tell them
they might help as they have done with me in the past

4 seems a very unlucky number in this case…

3 Likes

Man, with so many people filing disputes, I’m starting to have less and less faith of ever receiving mine.

7 Likes

This statement is technically pending in a “to be determined” state. As far as I know, no one has received any units yet.

I am initiating chargeback this weekend. I’ve asked repeated over this last week and have gotten no response.

This is quite disappointing.

3 Likes

What email address have you been using?

I don’t think contacting him at this point will solve anything, if there was stuff ready to ship already we would’ve seen it. There has been not 1 picture of production NeoBox.

10 Likes