Z.mote , new esk8 remote

Wow thats a big collection :smiley: I wish you showed me before, I could have embossed a permanent tag on the side of the remote :confused:

2 Likes

Wellā€¦ Now I have color choices!!!

1 Like

Iā€™m curious what kind of incidents are prevented by the deadmanā€™s switch?

If I end up not liking the switch, is it possible to modify it to always on?

1 Like

I assume itā€™s only when youā€™re not using the remote, or waiting at a stop light? I think it would just annoy me, personally

1 Like

dam

that pcb shape would make it hard to poastify, ngl

itms very very specific

1 Like

In my case I had my board flying because I was searching something and somehow throttle was pushed by accident. In another occasion most of my weight was on my front foot on the board but this time I fell on my butt etc :smiley: Switch is right under your middle finger it becomes a second nature after a while but I see many requests to disable it so Iā€™m planning to introduce a simple menu using the bi color led to disable or enable it from the software. Gonna do it asap when I have a bit more extra time.

3 Likes

Donā€™t remember if asked already but the deadman switch is bypassed when braking?

Yes, for braking doesnā€™t matter if its pushed or not.

1 Like

The next addition to the remote will be this piece, this is my first prototype and so far tested it on yhe bench only. I need to see how it behaves when the voltage is fluctuating.
This is basically a dc dc converter with its own controller for lights control. Commands are received from z.motes receiver. Making all the lights controllable from the remote.

23 Likes

Bro, u need a thread for that, Iā€™m sure people would like something like this for more visibility

3 Likes

Yea the visibility is awesome and they also react with braking as well at least the first 2 modes, the rest 30 or so just random modes. This is how it mounts, no additional tool needed goes right in between the board and the trucks just like a raiser(it can also be top mounted). 32 leds on each truck total of 64 completely waterproof as the whole thing is resin casted :smiley: I need to test it outside and see how it goes. And yes I should probably open another thread when I get the chance.

@rafaelinmissouri Iā€™m on my way to the post office now. Iā€™ll update the order page with the tracking number later today.

7 Likes

I would love to see a cheap AIO LED driver that is non proprietary/ locked to a system. (This isnā€™t meant as a jab towards you, just a general statement) and plug and play. Mount it, daisy chain it into your CAN cable (or whatever signal it takes), give it juice and go.

Some semi dumb CAN enabled device that reads either voltage, amps or PWM signal to control regular brake lights.

Riding = lighting up

Braking = lighting up brighter

4 Likes

I am a big fan of shredlights.

For my use they work very well generally.

And they are easy to go from one board to anotherā€¦

But if I go from an empty area to an area where there are people I really wish I could easily turn the head lights off with a remote because I always feel like I am blinding peopleā€¦

More good stuff Kamanā€¦
Keep it coming.

3 Likes

I see what you mean but Iā€™m planning to add alot more than just riding braking stuff and that requires coding. They may even tell you the level of your board battery with the push of a button from your remote. + like @rafaelinmissouri mentioned you can easily turn them on or off from your remote or change the mode etc. Currently they work with UART so as long as you send them correct command from your receiver they can be adapted to any system.
Lights are quite durable as well, Im literally jumping on them to try to brake them but I need to see how they gonna hold up with constant vibration. Actually being encased in resin should help with mitigating the potential failure from vibration and external variables but thatā€™s to be tested.

2 Likes

@Zyb nice project first of all!
Sorry if it was mentioned before and I missed it, but do you have a website where we can order a remote?

Also question to all who do already use one, anybody riding in crowded city areas? If so, how is the signal doing so far? Any cut outs, signal indifferences or similar?

1 Like

As many people here going high voltage lately (16s+), maybe it makes sense looking for an option to support voltages up to maybe 20s if possible. Just an idea thou.

In the First post.

Etsy link

1 Like

I remember seeing a video of him showing the remote reacting with his esk8, with a carbon deck and enclosure, fairly far away from each other.

3 Likes

Yea around 80 meters :grin:
@Andy87
Thanks for the suggestion, I thought about that too but struggling to find a decent chip that accepts high voltage (~90-100V) and output of around 3A 5V. Ive seen some readily available options but they are quite bulky. My design is slim and not much bigger than the remotes receiver. I need it to be something similar. Actually found a chip with 100V IN but it only provides 1A at the output side.

6 Likes

Dude @Shadowfax

Have you put it in action?

Iā€™m getting mine very very soon