Z.mote , new esk8 remote

I assumed most people with trigger remotes run forward as brake / pull trigger to accelerate. Same as maytech and evolve remotes. Thats how rc cars work too.

Is that not right?

2 Likes

Yeah, thats right for trigger, but Jaykup was talking about thumbscroll, which is opposite every other thumb out there

3 Likes

I just bought a z.mote trigger version off etsy. Should have it in a month or two.

4 Likes

The seller has been very communicative - and shared this picture as he is building my z.mote.

9 Likes

should try to drag him on the forum and share more about his project / ideas

edit: i know he is on builder, so we need him to be on here

2 Likes

I think he lurks. He actually had a couple of customization questions for me that he needed answering, and he was able to track me down and PM on the forum because I was not checking my emails.

2 Likes

ping him, we need more vendor / creative people to surface more

Dear Kamen,
if u r seeing this, we need u to show up. if u see this, please respond.
thanks
- random dude on this forum

8 Likes

The seller also shared this pretty cool option of transparent casing. I went with black on black because my brain demands black everything. I’m sure night riders will be stoked on the greater visibility tho.

16 Likes

Thank you for the letter :smiley: I think I created this account some time ago and I totally forgot about it. I was surprised when I was able to just log in. I had to track down @Shadowfax regarding his order :smiley:

I’m working on “Light+” version for the thumb throttle version. It looks absolutely stunning at night and great for visibility as well. Pictures and videos doesn’t do its justice at all, they look so much better. I’m working on it on my free time for now, just adding lines to the current code. I have couple concerns and they require some more testing but we will see how it goes :slight_smile:

Here’s how it looks so far

34 Likes

daaaaaang bro, this is so cool. speaking of flashy remote, hands down this is the best one out there

6 Likes

Thank you, so far it works quite well. What I’m trying to add is a voltage divider with 200k and 10k to a battery. We already have a ground from the vesc so a single thin silicone cable preferably after the antispark switch goes directly to the receiver and theoretically it should be safe up to 70V but lets say 60V to account for the overshoot.
Goes like this, you press a battery check button, code checks if theres a running light mode at that time of pressing the button, if yes (stop that sht), switch to static mode, get color from the color wheel according to the reading we get from the receiver, hold it for 2 seconds, switch back to the mode you’ve been in.
if no, switch the lights on etc, after 2 seconds switch off the lights.
For now this works with remote battery but going to test it with my board which is only 10s but i will see how it goes.
Depending on the deadmans switch state we can check both batteries. If de pressed run that check for remote battery, if pressed run it for the board battery etc.

From the color wheel Im limiting the %100 to blue color and as it decreases goes towards red which is %0
It is of course not a precise measurement but it should at least give you a rough idea of current battery level.

18 Likes

Welcome back @Zyb !

BTW this remote looks fucking awesome. Loving the night ride light up vibe!

10 Likes

Thank you very much, Ive been away for a while and was wondering wheres everyone left :smiley:

4 Likes

You made it here! Welp, the answer is everyone else is here now :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

this forum is where the cool kids hang out these days :joy:

4 Likes

So.
I think I need to try one of these.

Lights or no lights…
Is there a downside to getting the lights…

In case anyone is interested, the Z.Mote is the newer version of the “Firefly” remote that @Zyb (Kamen) released on the old forums back in 2018

So it’s not just some random Etsy release, but a remote that has evolved over many iterations by a talented designer :smiley:

10 Likes

So where do these ship from and do they take a long time?

The lights are pretty cool. Just a slight hit to battery life I’d guess… but they aren’t on by default

Bulgaria. Took just a few days to customize it and have it built, and about 3 weeks to deliver.

Make sure to order a 102050 battery for it as it doesn’t come with one

1 Like

Did you use a mini before?

5 Likes