Z.mote , new esk8 remote

In case anyone is interested, the Z.Mote is the newer version of the “Firefly” remote that @Zyb (Kamen) released on the old forums back in 2018

So it’s not just some random Etsy release, but a remote that has evolved over many iterations by a talented designer :smiley:

10 Likes

So where do these ship from and do they take a long time?

The lights are pretty cool. Just a slight hit to battery life I’d guess… but they aren’t on by default

Bulgaria. Took just a few days to customize it and have it built, and about 3 weeks to deliver.

Make sure to order a 102050 battery for it as it doesn’t come with one

1 Like

Did you use a mini before?

5 Likes

Yeah, I did a short writeup of it here

The connection is much better on the Z.Mote, haven’t had a dropout yet… but if I’m honest I still like the form factor of the mini with that case mod a little better.

3 Likes

This battery works well in the trigger version

2 Likes

Can one of these work with several boards if you get extra receivers like the puck does?

He sold me two receivers pre paired to one remote. So yes, probably, but I don’t know how the puck compares. Can you easily re-pair a puck?

1 Like

Yeah, just a few seconds.
I put puck recievers in all my boards even if its not my main remote for it. Im fond of keeping a puck in the backpack as backup.

2 Likes

Oooh that’s smart, might steal that idea. But then how do you plug in a receiver for the other remote?

1 Like

Most boards are running dual motors, so dual escs. There is usually a pwm and uart on each side.

Unless stormcore or unity, in which case you could have one pwm receiver and one uart receiver…

1 Like

This is what i do. When you swap you just have to go into vesc tool/freesk8/metr and change input modes

3 Likes

Yes, puck is one of, if not the, easiest remote to pair.

2 Likes

I finally got around to checking out my zmote. It came right before i left for work out of state. Just got back, 4 months later and put a battery in it. It lights up red then blue when the battery is fully charged but nothing else. Connected through PWM on Stormcore60D but can locate it through anything ive tried in vesc tool. What am i missing?

1 Like

Did you get this figured out? What vesc version are you on?

my Z-mote is ready.
Communication from Kaman has been super duper good.

He made me a variation without a deadman switch.

I am looking forward to getting mine here and installed.

12 Likes

Seems like I might have to get me one of these for the channel

4 Likes

Just want to say that I got the ZMote a couple weeks ago and am loving it!

Thanks Kamen

3 Likes

:heart:

This is super awesome

3 Likes

What are you using it on dude? And which version did you get?