Yours Truly | Switchblade 40" + eboosted Enc | N.E.S.E. 12s4p | eLofty 58kv | Neptune15 | Go-FOC SV6 | 200A Antispark | Janux hubs

I bought the dock today so now there is no turning back. The enclosure from Eboosted is next in line. I hope the enclosure is as good in real life as it looks on the pictures.

Looking forward to your pics and progress.

3 Likes

Itā€™s even better in person, mines just about done.

24 Likes

You can get the same from eBay 20 of them for ā‚¬4, we can argue the quality of tin plating or copper purity but I did not notice any quality issue 20c vs ā‚¬1.15

Rememberā€¦ Nickel can transfer 5A Onlyā€¦ Personally i donā€™t like using nikel. Good introduction. And good luck for your build.

1 Like

VESC Tool identifies the Elofty at 30A, fyi.
VTC6 cells can do 30A per cell when monitored for not going over 80Ā°C, I run them at 20A max which never made any problems. Peak discharge / battery max is seldom reached anyways.
Iā€™m currently waiting for the Janux hubs with bergmeisters for my 4wd 10s6p build (currently using the esk8supply airless wheels) so its at least similar to yours :slight_smile: Good luck.

1 Like

Thatā€™s one sexy build :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Nice! What are you doing for braking? Howā€™s the torque with the 4x4 + 6" setup?

Brakes and torque are good :slight_smile: But I think depending on the terrain/incline you might have difficulties with pneumatics. The rolling resistance of the airless wheels seems to be a bit better, Iā€™ll tell you more when I have the Janux Bergmeisters.

Really Nice, what a beast! I see you have the TB drives. I still havent decided if Elofty 58Kv or TB 75Kv. I read VESC Tool detected the elofty drives as 30A drives. What is the TB drives detected as? Just curious.

I would like to have the flexibility to run Bergmeister or TB110. Will have 12s and only 2wdā€¦ Will Bergmeisters work with the TBs do you think?

1 Like

AT is a dangerous game with dd it seems. I suppose attempt with the mindset that it could turn out less than ideal

5 Likes

I threw on TB AT wheels on my AWD 90kV DDs just for fun and surprisingly it didnā€™t all go to shit hahaha. It actually ran pretty decent motor temp didnā€™t get crazy either. Iā€™m not the biggest fan of AT so I switched back to TB 110s. But itā€™s doable with the right setup I think.

10 Likes

Holy hell
AT wheels on 90kv DDs?!
you enjoy going at 100kmh? :wink:

It helps in your case that you have 4wd.
@longhairedboyā€™s customers have mixed results with 2wd 75kv DDā€™s running AT wheels

2 Likes

what switch deck is that?
Or did you paint it blue?

1 Like

@Sender

4 Likes

When are you going to finish that rig?

3 Likes

Should be done at the end of the month

4 Likes

Yea word on the street is itā€™s probably better to go with AWD with the DDs.

Surprisingly the torque isnā€™t as bad as I anticipated either, but again my sample size was one 25 min ride so canā€™t go making decisions of that lol.

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t say they were mixed. Iā€™d say that RWD only on TB DD 75KV motors will consistently melt and short with 6" pneumies on them.

Iā€™m pretty sure the only reason this board survived is because its 4WD and the motors are each getting half the load mine were.

on RWD only anything above 60KV is questionable on DD where pneumies are concerned.

5 Likes

I donā€™t want to take this build thread off topic, do you have one for that sexy beast?

But I just wanted to ask how the clearance was with the TBDD and the switchblade? How did you mount the drives: drop through or top mount?

3 Likes

Iā€™m not a huge build thread guy but I might throw one together, itā€™s dropped through with bowery surf baseplates. So clearance isnā€™t an issue

4 Likes