Your longest ride ever......

76.12km is my current record.

6 Likes

~20-21 miles, took 45-50 minutes. This past summer going the “Long Cut” to get pizza… It’s just amazing how a pizza place ride 1 mile away can turn into a 20 mile round trip ride :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

that is pretty quick

you averaged what 30mph?

2 Likes

Ok prize is now a bit better:)

1 Like

:grin::+1:
Their pretty good controllers

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, Derek held the record for longest ride for a while, having ridden 103 miles in one day on a whim in December of 2017 (link to comment on the old forum)

2 Likes

Wow

Man because of this thread I decided to look at some LDP events. Turns out there’s a 24 hour one in Miami at the end of the month at a racetrack, and so far the record there is 313 miles! Is it possible at all for an eskate to get that distance in that amount of time without battery swaps? I imagine you’d need some serious efficiency and a giant battery.

2 Likes

i am planning a massive build, likely 14-18s 12-16p 21700 need to decide on final layout, 100 mile ride here we go!

3 Likes

thane on gear drives at constant slowish speed you can go to 7 wh/mi

some people have batteries as large as 2kwh

2000/7 = roughly 300miles

however your legs will give out before then and will be a booooooring ride as your going 20 mph

2 Likes

Well if you think about it, the record was 313 miles pushed, so I doubt their legs would have too much trouble during the whole thing, and since it was pushed, it was most likely done at less than 20mph anyways :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Probably :man_shrugging: Zoom zoom

1 Like

54kms on my evo doing a range test up the local highest hill peak and back.
I can probably go 75+ easily if I had the battery ToT

Pushing on a non-electric is probably around the same before my days of diy esk8

2 Likes

I can’t see the exact route you took, but damn that’s big esk8 ride in Van. Seems like a scary place to ride on the roads based on my experiences. I see that for some reason, you didn’t take a cruise down East Hastings, that surely would have been fun.

2 Likes

90% of this route was on bike lanes/bike paths or cyclist friendly roads. I don’t esk8 with heavy traffic for obvious reasons!

1 Like

Another one came today :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If i ride slow i can make 100km with not too much wind 12s8p

1 Like

definitely not a rickroll

1 Like