Your Bindings - YoBis - 06.13.20 update (2020 version)

Are there other colors offered? I would be very interested in a set that matches the purple of my wheels :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let me check😀

1 Like

Can you save the gray or red set for me? I want to grab another set before they are gone. Thanks dude.

1 Like

Pick one.
Either will go nicely with the Evo risers :grinning:

Appreciate it,
Dani

1 Like

@dani really nice work on these. Are they strong enough for mountain board use? To actually lift the board from the ground?

2 Likes

They actually feel very strong. I haven’t used them on a mountain board yet, but you can definitely pick up the board by them. I think it would take some serious force to break these. They feel rock solid, stiff and precise whereas the much more flexy Freebord bindings feel almost sloppy in comparison. You got me thinking though. I have a pair of the original foot hooks that had to low of a foot angle that I’m not going to need. I should try to break them and see what it takes, for science. :thinking:

4 Likes

I’ve been using them for a while on mtb. It’s easier to accidentally slip out of them when jumping than bindings of course but with practice it can be done. They do their job well on street and offroad from what I’ve tried. They’re definitely not breaking or separating from the deck but you need to screw it down on each side of the mount plate. I only did one and it bent a bit before adding another screw.

2 Likes

Thanks, my plan for them is just for stability and maneuvering the board at low speed, not crazy jumping around

1 Like

Thank you.
@ryansinatra was able to jump with his board with these. With previous version thou

2 Likes

I’m actually standing on each of the printed parts before shipping. No luck with breaking any

3 Likes

V2 is great, thank you :pray:

7 Likes

Looking great!

Thank you for the feedback to make this happen

2 Likes

Great work! Do you still have a set available @dani?

1 Like

Thanks! @PrivacyDoctor
Yes, 3 sets left, two red and one blue

Awesome, I’ll take a blue one!

2 Likes

@dani hello, do you still sell baseplate only kits? And if it’s the case, do you send it to France?

1 Like

Hey
I’m left with only two completes.
It’s 65$ shipped to France.
Almost identical to baseplates only shipped.

@dani Can you please tell me what tiny screws go in the base plate next to the middle large screw? I stripped one pretty bad and need new ones (and spares)

M2.5?

1 Like

Here are my thoughts of using the YoBis for a good week:

They are awesome! I have only mounted the front one so far, as I am a bit worried about tripping over the rear one, but It has been useful to jump over ripples (for blind people) and off curbs. Jumping onto curbs I would have to mount the second YoBis (I may update my review then).

PROS:

• does the job well
  • Sturdy
  • a looker (did not expect this, but it turned heads and sparked questions)
  • Doubles as hand-grip
  • Designed in-house and open-source with readily available materials

CONS:

• baseplate experiences a lot of force due to placement of screws relative to force applied and counter-rest
  • While the baseplate design is visually appealing with it’s symmetry, only half of the mounting radius is useful
  • The little toe may get squeezed or stuck

Suggestions to improve next iteration:

• Make baseplate less wide, but longer, to distribute force to the other side better and to make it possible to mount it further away from wheels. Maybe make it even a tad thicker, though it has survived my abuse with minimal bending thus far.
  • Give the little toe more room

Even as-is, I highly recommend these!

5 Likes

It’s 4-40 imperial

1 Like