Xenith wont connect to tool

Hi,i have a xenith that will not connect via Bluetooth or any vesc/unity tool via usb!
Was working yesterday but today i went to turn the board on and nothing! Not any error lights on it?
Spent too long tryna figure this out :man_shrugging: any suggestions would be appreciated as to whats going on!
Bluetooth does say read firmware when i get the red disconnected sign!

1 Like

Try the freesk8 app…
Maybe it’s just the Vesc Tool being weird.

2 Likes

I’ve tried the vesc app and unity app also my controller wont connect so not getting my hopes up but I’ll have a look :+1:

So connected to the freesk8 app i get a loading screen that never loads fully :man_shrugging:

These are the other apps reading’s

@jaykup can you save the guy!?!

2 Likes

So you cannot connect via USB or Bluetooth?

Does the ESC work otherwise?
What LEDs are on when it’s on? Blue and green?
Do you have a bluetooth dongle like a metr you could plug in to see if that connects?

2 Likes

I have used the Flipsky Bluetooth module on unity before.

I have three lights on one side red/green/blue and a green light on the bluetooth side.
It powers up and those lights are on but even the VX1 wont connect.

Seems like the firmware is somehow corrupt. I forgot that the xenith had a bom error and the red light is the software/drive while green is fault.

It looks like it’s trying to drive the motor, and the fault light is steady and not flashing. Doesn’t really make sense.

The lower green light in your picture is for the ble and we can ignore that for now.

I’d try to flash the firmware manually with an st-link v2. You can get them for about $10 on amazon.

3 Likes

Yeah its looking like a firmware issue then,my repair guy also suggested an ST Link v2, I even went to the other side to do some research on the unity! All hope is not lost though…pray for me :rofl:
Appreciate your time and help fella :+1:

2 Likes

@jaykup do you have a link to a youtube video or a thread that will be helpful when my ST Link arrives tomorrow…

Yeah give these instructions a try. For the xenith the swd port is in the black connector.

More info specific to the unity/xenith swd connector here

5 Likes

Perfect,nice one :+1:

UPDATE:
this worked for me :grin:
I ran in to a very time consuming problem though,the ST Link utility would not even open on my laptop “windows 10” kept popping up with a dll error.
The files you need if this happens to you are in this link
https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000Koh4BSAR/stlink-utility-upgrade-cannot-start-mfc140dll-not-found

You will need a dupont male to female jumper cable 10cm

Also this picture helped to accurately find the corresponding connections underneath the BLE chip

Thanks to those that helped me! :+1:

2 Likes