Xenith not detecting ADC 2 input

Currently setting up a BKB Xenith for the first time on a scooter build. I’m trying to use ADC1 for throttle and ADC2 for brake as I have done in the past, but the ESC won’t register any ADC2 signal. In the ADC voltage mapping screen I only see ADC2 hovering at 1.61V and doesn’t change. I verified that my brake sensor is outputting correctly and it is wired correctly to the Xenith. I’m currently on 5.2, wondering if it’s a hardware or software issue. Has anyone experienced this? Have the exact same throttle setup wired to vec 6’s and FOCbox singles and never had any issues. Using variESC 5.02

2 Likes

Downloaded 23.46 and still not registering any ADC2 input.

1 Like

Oh someone else has this issue!
I have a unity that I gave up trying to get ADC2 to work on. Exact same setup as you I think, 2 throttles, GND and 3/5V in parallel with ADC1 and 2 hooked up. Both were 100% functional, but ADC2 never read anything but 1.8V which is apparently no signal voltage.

You could use a 2 way throttle, which means you can regen brake and accelerate using adc1 only but an actal solution would be ideal

2 Likes

I wonder if it would be possible to jump the ADC2 pin to the MCU directly. I would really like to try and get this working, but worst case I’ll try for a 2 way throttle. @BuildKitBoards is this an issue you have seen with the Xeniths? I would swap to some single foxboxes but I really wanted to have the built in anti spark/roll to start on this build.

1 Like

I assume that since the MCU has built in ADC’s, then the ADC1 and 2 are traced directly to those pins? I’m wondering if it’s possible that there is a missing resistor. that would make more sense then an ADC channel being blown

ADCs aren’t supper common and I have never personally used one. I’ll look into it and see if I can find anything

1 Like

basically anything with a throttle will use ADC (Gokart, ebike/emoto, some esurfs, escooter)

1 Like