[WTS] [USA] Charge port fuses

fuck i just bought a 32v fuse from oreilly yesterday :pensive:

1 Like

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdU3hhrU/?k=1

Just saw this. Breaker fuse?!?! Looks intriguing

2 Likes

This sale is on pause until I locate these again.

1 Like

These are located and for sale.

1 Like

I now realized I replaced mine with an auto 7A fuse but auto voltages are low compared with what my pack voltage is. How much of a risk is this?

It could arc or blow at a lower current

2 Likes

Has anyone tried something like this soldered directly inline with ~16 awg charge port wire with clear heatshrink?

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/littelfuse-inc/0451012-MRL/700833

seems like a solution if replacing the entire charge port assembly is an option if the fuse blows, then blown fuses could be replaced afterward.

edit: my thinking is that the charge port would want to be replaced anyway since it’s probably melted if this thing blew.

2 Likes

what do you think about using two of these, quickly swap fuses at the flick of a lever.

sadly they are massive. There must be a smaller version of them.

Actually there is prob a problem with when you release the wires you have live battery wires with no fuse…

wait no I was thinking both pos and ned would go through this but it would only be pos lead. So not so unsafe actually.

2 Likes

If you’re changing your fuses, then you have other, bigger, problems.

Sometimes I rip em out of my fuse holder and eat them because they look like candy. I just stopped putting them on boards as a result.

3 Likes

Just found this from Digi key for up to 18s builds, might be close enough for a 20/21s:

018c9046-a3da-5f11-9f12-1cb5b047afc1

Was going to grab a few for my board but figured id share the love. The part of my brain that would let me use a lower rated fuse than the actual nominal voltage is full of dead people so I just can’t. Electrician problems I guess, just more evidence that electricians are drama queens lol. That and breaking DC is hard under load, like really hard.

here is an unrelated but hilarious picture i found on the interwebs. actually seen some weird shit like this but usually not this bad lol. HVAC guys, am i right?

2 Likes

Ill have you know that schedule 40 black iron is rated for 40A and I refuse to accept any other answer.

Bump, still have these available? I need a few :heart_hands:

PMing!

1 Like