Wts sss56123 230kv inrunner motors with upgrades uk

Sadly had customs issues with the last sale so these are back

Comes with encoders (sensors but even better) and 2 motors
these have a key way cut Into the standard shaft…they normally do not come like this, bearings have also been changed out for higher RPM rated bearings
£250
Not much else
Free skp stickers on there

Came from @Skyart but didn’t end up being used

High gear ratio at low voltage and you have an absolute beast

3 Likes

Just out of curiosity, what happened with customs? You seem to be cursed with trying to sell gear, better luck this time

6 Likes

The spec sheet says these are rated for a max of 155V / 95A … :drooling_face:

The devil on my shoulder is telling me to make my board highway capable with these, but idk if the rest of the equipment exists to support that kind of voltage and revs.
TFL-SSS-Motor-Specification-List-2020-2 (1).pdf (145.4 KB)

3 Likes

To be specific, German customs. They can be a bit complicated at times. Basically what happened was, I got a letter from the customs where was written that I need to come personally to pay for import taxes and proof the real value I paid for the goods. When I was there, they made me to open the parcel. The guy at customs checked than the motors, found out that there was no CE sticker/certificate anywhere on the motors and decided that because of it, I’m not allowed to use/import them to Germany.

4 Likes

Whispers in your ear: do it do it

2 Likes

Ok the highest power ESCs I know of that aren’t for full scale EV’s are the flier 22s models. Getting the widest power band at 20s voltage would need the 420Kv version, not the 230Kv (to hit the rated 35kRPM). I would need to switch my pack from BAK to P42A to support the current draw, and design a 2 stage drive to achieve a 25:1 reduction. Also get different wheels cuz bike tires don’t last very long at these power levels. Sounds like a clean sheet design tbh.

It would indeed hit freeway speeds though

5 Likes

Bump bimp bomp

Someone wants a lean mean speed machine

1 Like

Tell us more about these motors.

What amps are they rated for? Like are they actually as powerful or more than the 63xx outrunners we use?
Are the encoders already attached to the motors?
Shaft size and length?

2 Likes

Let me help out here a bit. The table should answer you most of your questions.

3 Likes

Rated for 100amps at 155v (15kw per motor)
They are insanely powerful and encoders already attached
They are the beefed up version of what moe stooge uses on his race builds
I believe shaft is 10mm and has been cut to accommodate a gear drive (gotta measure exact size)

1 Like

When its continuous 9kw you know they got something right

1 Like

Looks like you have a custom motor face / plate on them. Does that mean the mounting holes are the standard 44mm M4 mounting pattern used in esk8?

2 Likes

Yep mounting holes are standard @skyart must have put a custom plate on them

2 Likes

3Ds made a custom motor mount plate for them so they can be used with most esk8 mounts

1 Like

Bump bump bump

Bump
Someone please

Bump bump
Someone shoot me an offer

1 Like

Take them today for £250 shipped

£225 + shipping
Someone take these off me

@Skyart what encoders did you install? @Cyanoacrylate wants to know