WTS: Lacroix Lonestar parts + XCELL 190kv motors

Subject: [US] Lacroix Lonestar parts + XCELL 190kv motors

Hi everyone- this is my first post on esk8.news and I realize I have zero credibility here, so please feel free to vet me as you see fit. I have some well known contacts in the eskate community who will vouch for me if necessary, and I’d be happy to let you know who they are via IM if you’d like to reach out to them.
Regarding Payment- I prefer Paypal business to protect both buyer and seller. If you have another preferred payment method which protects both of us, I am willing to use it.

I have decided to upgrade my Lonestar battery pack to 18s, so I am parting out a number of items from my board. I will add the charger and OEM 6389 190kv motors to this thread soon.

Item 1
XCELL Turbine series 6565 Brushless motors.
190KV (up to 15s or 63V).
Direct fit for Hypertrucks.
These were delivered on 12/16/22, and I have ridden them for about 2 months. I never ride when it is wet. These are awesome motors, and I am purchasing the 18s version to replace them.
Price (USD): Asking $500 + shipping. I paid $700.

Item 2
Lonestar 12s10p battery pack.
I would prefer to ship this within the continental US.

My Lonestar arrived from Lacroix in December 2020, and I ride it on average 3 nights per week for 7 miles each ride. I estimate that the pack has about 120 charge cycles, and ~2,200 miles on it. My usual practice is to ride it three times, then charge it to 100%. When I know I won’t be riding it for a while (vacation/days of rain/etc.), I charge it to ~70-80%. I have posted a pic of the cell voltages below.

Price (USD): Asking $1000 OBO + shipping

Thanks for your interest!

1 Like

Damn that’s rough for two motors

You can get Reachers from Radium delivered for that amount

8 Likes

They are spendy motors for sure. Matt Hoover (Land-Surf) can fill in anyone who is interested in the differentiating details. They are numerous.

2 Likes

Here are details from Matt about the motors:

1. Better wiring (180c temp)
  2. Better magnet quality (ultra high grade, high temp)
  3. Japanese .2mm stator laminations
  4. Quad Japanese bearings (vs 2 cheap bearings in most motors)
  5. Solid one-piece rotor machined from a single block of aluminum (Maytechs and most other motors are a cap mated to a cylinder, 2 or more pieces….less rigid, less precise).
  6. 7075 aluminum construction
  7. Hardened steel shaft attached with 6 screws to the rotor.
  8. Easy Replacement of the 4 bearings when needed by the user
  9. Large 5.5mm bullets and heavy duty phase wires
  10. Innovative cooling system that draws air through the core of the motor, making it able to run more power, longer. Most motors have no ventilation through the middle of the stator where the heat builds up. The air only goes around the outside of the stator and not inside like on Turbines.
  11. Magnets are not just secured with epoxy, they have a mechanical lock with a special machined piece that keeps them perfectly aligned and in place (epoxy can soften and lose strength when it gets hot). A major selling point though, which is not a spec, is simply reliability.
7 Likes

[Reacher vs maytech vs Excell ](https://Reacher vs maytech vs Excell )

The difference is clear.

2 Likes
  1. Reacher also does this.
  2. Reacher also does this.
  3. No clue.
  4. Reacher also does this.
  5. Reacher also does this.
  6. Not too sure, but reacher is pretty stout.
  7. Reacher also does this.
  8. Reacher also does this.
  9. Reacher is 4mm bullets, but thats an easy solder job.
  10. Reacher does this but better, and they have significantly more thermal mass due to the size.
  11. Reacher also does this.

You got taken for a ride man. I like xcell stuff too, but those motors were a bad call lol.

5 Likes

if it’s not flipshit I’m not interested

1 Like

I’ll definitely take a look at the Radium motors and consider them. Regarding the list of details I provided; that wasn’t meant to be a comparison of Reacher motors. It was just a list of selling features for the XCELL motors.

1 Like

Most motors from China have .2mm stator lamination this is not a feature, I am looking into getting mine made with .15, thinner stator lamination means less eddy currents and less iron looses as a result

7 Likes

Here is a size comparison photo for the XCELL motors.

3 Likes

FYI- I looked into the Reacher motors and am even happier now that I went with the XCELL motors for my 12s and 18s boards.

1 Like

Wow, he finally fully launched these. Beta was aa couple years ago.

Did vacuum lawyer fix the issue with phases from the beta batch? I know someone who got seriously hurt from a defect that caused a phase short.

Tough crowd here! If anyone is interested in buying any of my wares please let me know.

2 Likes

Motors are no longer for sale. I will update the initial post once I figure out how to do that.

2 Likes

@xsynatic

2 Likes

Your rank might not yet be high enough to edit. Read, browse and interact with the forum and you’ll unlock it quite quickly.

Once unlocked you can see a Pencil icon in the bottom right of your post/comment

grafik

3 Likes

I know I’m a bit late, but in the future it might help to link to the site you bought them from or show some order details when it comes to XCELL motors. That way people can see they really are just that expensive since a quick google search does not help with finding any further information on them. Otherwise it just looks like you over priced some used motors hence the earlier scrutiny.

Also you should still post a link or other information about where to buy them in a reply. Just so people can look at them if curios and anyone searching the forum or google for them can find a link to them.

I think you accidentally fucked up your link’s format as it is an incomplete URL

Thanks for explaining this. I was driving myself crazy trying to figure out how to edit.

2 Likes

I appreciate the insight, and I definitely would do that if they were available on the Land-Surf website. I prepaid for these motors a while back, and Matt shipped them to me when they first arrived. He is in the process of building the web page and getting everything in order to sell them as we speak.

I am no longer selling the motors just to clarify.

1 Like

Reacher vs maytech vs Excell

Sorry about that.

2 Likes