WTS Completed DIY board

Oh also

Or you go 180° like me and ask @akhlut to make one custom :joy:

1 Like

Does that go on the truck mount? cause then its just a well engineered mall grab…

Jokes aside. I personally think handsfree is the way to go. Just more practical.
@peteymy since youll be wearing a backpack, Ive had plenty of luck, tucking the trucks into where the backpack strap meets backpack

Never heard of him

And bumper.
Great for dragging emtb

You dont want the weight of my board on your shoulder :rofl:. Also I already have a handle included

Look at OP’s board. It’s not nearly the weight or size of your monstrosity

It doesn’t hurt suggesting the fact he can have one custom made. Itll fits his desires perfectly and be made specifically for his board :slight_smile:

1 Like

yesyesyes! sorry, not trying to shoot down your suggestion. My apologies. Its definitely a very viable and in many ways better way to go!

I also meant

in the best way possible :smiley:

2 Likes

I like the strap…but what do you do if your board is dirty?

I got some hard wood inserts already, but they come out whenever I undo then screws. I was thinking of adding in some superglue or threadlocker in the screw hole which might help, but not sure. How hard/easy is it taking off the strap when you want to ride? For me, the strap might be easier since the center of mass is off-center and attaching a handle in the right place might be weird.

Should I keep some allen wrenches with my board to make sure I can unscrew the enclosure whenever I need to? I’m still hesitant on whether I should keep my enclosure but just make it easier to remove or get something like @Flasher had and just keep the box always attached to the box and to have inside access through a hinge?

1 Like

Epoxy is your friend in this situation. Don’t get any in the threads though. Just use JBweld Oh shit…thats done it…He’ll be here soon.

6 Likes

the use of the strap is nice because its very diverse and can be adjusted to preference.

simplest and cheapest trial:

my approach:
loop two together to get the length. this will depend on your board, preference.
then hold the board under your arm like you would carry it. you can throw the loops over the wheels/axles. then use like a sling. you can actually put both ends on the same truck if you wanted to carry it horizontally.

Any quick straps that could connect to the top of a backpack and would be comfortable to wear? I wouldn’t want to worry about anything extra not attached to the board, and I think I don’t have enough space for a handle near the center of mass of the board.

And again - would it be better to keep my enclosure and just unscrew it when I need to, or get a hinged cover that stays to the board and I can open up? I would worry for keeping my enclosure because it would require me to carry around a wrench set.

idk about backpck. this solution would go over the shoulder. and depending on the weight maybe uncomfortable.

Youd have to sore the strap somewhere when riding of course

Thats why I dont really want an over the shoulder one, though I think I might be able to attach a strap to the top of my backpack that can just drop over the back of it and it would help me carry it whenever I need to. Though I think the kayak handle might work after all. Ill keep trying.

For the handle, would I need to do then full insert then screw thing? I dont want to have to go get different sized inserts :I

If secured correctly. inserts are as good as bolts

Resurrecting this post to say I’m lowering the price to $300.

Would also be willing to trade for a bike or an electric scooter. Must be near La Jolla to trade though.