[WTB] [US] Switchblade 40 Black Pinecone

That’s so awesome. Too bad it’s not on the topside.

3 Likes

I spent WAY too much time tracking down a Chief Night Switchblade 40 and after pushing around for ab a month I wasn’t sold on it. I like the look of this version better.

How are you guys dealing with wheel bite on the Switch(blade)? I found it to be pretty sketch on 187mm hangers with 78mm wheels and decided that an ESK8 build with 100mm or larger wheels would require 220s at minimum and possibly 270s.

A wheelbase extension bracket would be another good option.

I got a chief night because it was the only one available and it was the design I liked the least :smiley:

Wait did you switch topic to the switch, or did you shorten switchblade to switch?

My switchblade 40 with tb DD and tb110 has never had wheelbite

This

Good to know!

I want to try this someday :star_struck:

@A13XR3 has this

He just needs someone to make a enclosure
Maybe @eBoosted :thinking:

2 Likes

Aren’t the Pantheons hyperoptimized for pushing with specific setups? The Trip for example comes with 150mm asymmetric Paris trucks and speedvents or cags, and is cut just enough so the wheels don’t bite, and is dropped just high enough so it doesn’t scrape when turning. They’re some of the lowest usable decks out there, so fitting an enclosure underneath might not be a great idea.

2 Likes

Even though, you are correct, the Century would be the least viable option for electric conversions. Nevertheless, it’s one of the most popular decks to electrify.

The biggest problem with that Pantheon would be wheelbite

3 Likes

There’s only a few eskate specific decks out there really, LaCroix stuff, Killshot, Manta, and Hummie/TB40 come to mind, otherwise it’s a typical deck that’s been modded (usually just stiffer and cutouts or wire channels) like Bros, anything Trampa, all the Boosteds and clones, and Bustin

I’ve been out of the loop for a while so if there’s anything new I probably missed it

2 Likes

That’s true, but of all the decks to choose from Pantheon seems like a particularly difficult one to work with due to its compactness and double drop nature. Not a lot of room to put batteries, or large wheels for that matter.

1 Like

Almost any deck will work with DKP, you can get sets from Evolve, OwnBoard, FlipSky, and I think esk8supply. But yeah Pantheon is gonna be tricky unless you wanna run Loaded x Unlimited hubs or a small wheel single drive (or maybe dual diagonal)

DKPs on an LDP deck sounds like sacrilege though :rofl:

Nah it’s gonna be fine, it’s already using the same upper stage anyways