[WTB US] Racerstar 140kv 5065 and remote

Sweet thanks! I’ll let you know soon

1 Like

What’s teeth count that you optimally want for the motor pulley?

do you have a build thread for this guy? curious to see how it shapes up

I’m hoping to get 14mph on an empty battery and ERPM cap it at that, I don’t think I’ll go any faster and I want it to feel the same until it hits the low voltage limit. The kv times the gear ratio should be around 58 (140*15/36=58.3)

Edit fixed bad math

Yup! Got it right here, the Akadi Ultra Light Cruiser

1 Like

What tooth count is that? I have had my fair share of searching for d bore pulleys and may be able to help you fined the one you need but regular pulleys will also fit on racestar motors

The target is 140kv on 10s with 15:36 gearing for 76mm wheels. I can pick up the Racerstar 15T motor gears for $4 on AliExpress but 5GT is not the exact same as HTD5M, I can 15T from DickyHo but it will need a 1.0mm shim

So what’s wrong with the racestar pulley isn’t that 15t?

What do you mean? Is there a different tooth count one?

Correct me if I’m wrong but from this -

I thought you would need a different pulley combo for it to work for your needs.

140kv 15:36 is equivalent to 200kv 15:52 in terms of speed

1 Like

Haggy has a 15t d shaft pulley

1 Like

Gotcha dident realize the of you were offered was different from the one you wanted.

I’m using what I refer to as “effective kv” which is just the motor kv times the gear ratio, in this case I want it to be 58…I could use direct drive with 58kv and have the same speed

1 Like

True but $20 plus shipping hurts

Edit it’s also the wrong bore…racerstar is 8mm bore with 6.5mm D, haggy is 8mm bore with 7.5mm D…slightly wiggly

Flipsky also has a 15t

1 Like

Message timo about a pair.
Maybe he’ll hook you up
Fastest shipper ever.
I’ve got a set on my riptide.

2 Likes

I had an order from them about a week before I decide to make this build otherwise I would have, but they have the same price issue as haggy

But it is the right bore size though

1 Like

@dickyho has them as well

https://m.ebay.com.hk/itm/HTD-5M-13T-15T-18T-20T-pulley-with-D-shape-bore/303242732084?hash=item469aace234:m:mr3jvekwtOTawJuMuN0kENA&var=602232101137&varId=602232101137

1 Like

TBH I would feel bad about asking Timo for anything, he set me up with a legendary deal for the wheels on my FOCsTrot so I owe him already

1 Like