WTB US: Inner tubes for Six Shooters

Need 4 or more. They are all leaking around the valve stems. Wouldn’t mind buying with similar 6" tires.

1 Like

Maybe this can help you : O-rings

And I’m also really interested by links as I have 2 sets of 6" Bergs and will need inner tubes one day

2 Likes

I have the same problem with the Six Shooters. When I tried to inflate the tires they leaked immediately. When I tried to remove the inner tubes the valve stems were wedged in the openings. The opening is too tight and cut the stems.

1 Like

That’s why I said O-rings might be the solution when you’ll have found new tubes

2 Likes

I am going to take a file to them before I reassemble them.

3 Likes

If you’re not in a rush or want spares you will need later, you can find them on Ali pretty easily

This is the last listing I used, but last time I bought from them was a couple years ago so you might shop around for a better price

1 Like

Most of these tubes were leaking at the stem. It seems as they are not attached properly.
The good thing is that you can fix them and they will never leak again at that point.

Here is a tip how to repair tubes leaking around the valve. Tie archery string thread (or flossing thread if you don’t have string thread :grin:).
Tie a knot every 180 degrees, do this until you do 4-5 times around the valve then do a double knot burn the ends and super glue.

BTW I had to enlarge the valve hole on my 6shooters otherwise the rubber around the valve got pushed and leaked. After I enlarged them and smoothed them out no more problems.

5 Likes

Beautiful. I was wondering if I could fix them. I will test that out.

So I just ran over to Turner’s Sporting Goods to buy some bow string. Doors open. Three guys in there. “Sorry, we can only sell guns.” Sometimes the realization of what a redneck country I live in just slaps me in the face.

Waxed or unwaxed dental floss? I’m assuming since bowstring was the other choice, waxed lets the wraps slip better around the stem?

2 Likes

Every single machined part on my psychotiller complete has extremely sharp edges that need finishing before use.
The truck bushes got eaten up within a few days, Cause? Sharp edges on the seats.
I look at the valve poking out of my six shooter wheel and I can see the same shit inside the wheel just waiting for me to press it in to the tube with its first inflation.

He is a cowboy dealing with shit he doesnt fully comprehend and clearly does everything in a huge rush.We must finish the parts ourselves or they will eat in to anything they come in contact with.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Waxed is better in this case.
Unfortunately you can’t pull as hard on dental floss but it can still work.
You just need to make a few more turns but since it is thinner it is not a problem.
Use my pictures as a guide so that you do not overdo it.
@Saltyfingore
That looks really nasty. Mine were not so bad.

The repair recommended by @taz worked perfectly. Since I am also a fly fisherman and tie my own flies I had the perfect tool to do the job. The bobbin makes it easy to apply the windings quickly and keep them tight. I decided to brush a little of the vulcanizing cement that comes with tire patches around the stem seat first. Then I superglued the square knot.

60 psi and holding steady.

By the way. When I was opening up the hole for the valve I found this wrapped in the filet of the hub so tightly you couldn’t see it. Hence my rant about deburring parts in another thread.

3 Likes