(WTB) UK - Budget complete board £400ish

the 2s pro is more budget friendly, uses hobbywing motors, hobbywing esc + the GOOD! hobbywing remote (not those cheap and bulky looking ones) also has a few of the latest hobbywing features.

The only thing i can’t say how it is, is the deck. It doesn’t really look good tbh BUT you can always change that.

the wowgo 2s pro is 350gbp including faster shipping (15-20 days)
if you want to wait longer you can subtract 47gbp for free shipping.

Note that the wowgo boards are a little slower than the meepo

I was in a similar situation when I first started out. I got a Meepo V3, but I wish I had got a backfire now.

@Halbj613 has something for sale that may suit you?

1 Like

was talking to him
sadly that board just got sold

have lots of spare parts i would let go of for cheap though

1 Like

I had been meaning to ask if anyone had seen this because it seems newish, this gets you to ~ £360 with fast shipping or $50 less with slow. Flipsky don’t exactly have an amazing reputation with VESCs but the motors are solid and they claim to be using decent cells

1 Like

Max speed 35km/h

Motors are old gen meepo hubs

ESC is lingyi

You are basically buying a watered down meepo v3

2 Likes

Is there a giveaway that the ESC is lingyi other than the price or is it the kind of thing where they’d be shouting about it if it was anything else?

Yeah to be honest I think 35km/h would fit the bill for what OP wants, but there’s a difference between FS saying “35” and actually hitting it

The remote, the speed modes.

2 Likes

Thank for the help everyone, I don’t think I’ll exactly be using the 25mph+ top speed anytime soon, as I ride bicycles and that feels fast on a bike, so probably quite suicidal on a board. I’m leaning towards the wowgo board despite what @xsynatic said as I don’t think I’ll mind it being slower than a meepo. Despite saying all that, I’m going to keep an eye out on the used market and probably get any of the above it it crops up

3 Likes

if youre down to a meepo or a wowgo I’d go a reddit search check out the customer service stories , personally I trust meepo over wowgo but thats just my luck

long ago I bought a OG meepo instead of a new battery for my bajaboard , it worked out cheaper :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah 100% watch the used market local to you (is Gumtree or anything like that big in the UK?). Also probably ignore my suggestion above of the flipsky, I was mostly curious myself about it rather than pushing for it as a good idea for you

1 Like

I know this isn’t exactly what you were asking for, but for 400 pounds I would just buy a high quality longboard – expensive deck, expensive trucks, expensive wheels. Maybe even something that you can easily electrify in the future, i.e. a Landyachtz deck, Boardnamics or Surf-rodz trucks and Kegel/Caguama wheels.

7 Likes

Yeah gumtree is pretty big here and that’s mainly what I’m watching. No worries, good to see what else is available

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve thought about that tbh, I’m watching a couple of landyachts boards on eBay and planning on electrifying it in the future. Thanks for the suggestion

2 Likes