WTB TB 6355 260kv motor

I know this is a loooooong shot. Any chance someone out there has a spare TB 6355 260kv motor that I could buy? This particular motor is no longer listed on the TB website.

I’m using these motors on my sons 6s ESK8 / go cart. One of the motor shafts came loose. When I attempted to replace the grub screws, my effing allen broke in the grub and I can’t drill the sucker out. I really hate it when a small problem becomes a big problem. Ugh.

Here is what the grub normally looks like:

And here is what I’m stuck with…

Joshua

4 Likes

@monsterbuilder Please move your post in the correct subcategory like you were instructed by the premade text you deleted.

thanks

Man i had a nightmare situation trying to secure the bell on tb motors cuz of those stupid grub screws. Not a fan of the design. GL finding a partner motor tho

1 Like

Thanks man. Yeah, I’m pretty frustrated with these tiny ass grub scews.

1 Like

The new 2020+ TB motors don’t have grub screws.

Have you checked into the possibility of buying a new can? There are many ways to change a motor’s Kv, but the most likely way is probably to use a different number of turns of different size wire. I feel like it’s likely the magnets are the same as the other more popular Kvs.

3 Likes

If you can’t get a new can, look here for ideas

3 Likes

Or tap and thread into the steel from the existing hole then use a socket head screw

1 Like

I reached out to Dex to see if I could buy just a replacement bell. Haven’t heard back from him yet…

Those options for pinning the motor are awesome! Unfortunately I don’t have the tools or skills to be able to do any that… Ugh.

One more idea… If I can remove the grub screw from the other side, pour some loctite 648 down the thread hole so that it seeps between the can and the motor shaft, then secure with the one remaining grub. Do you think that would hold?

1 Like

What is your budget & required timeline for fixing this?

2 Likes

Don’t really have a budget. Definitely looking for the easiest solution without having to buy two new motors.

1 Like

If “easiest” is the goal, I think the red Loctite idea is worth a go, but I would not have the bearings on the shaft while doing that, to minimise risk of accidentally gluing them to the shaft. Completely take apart the motor.

If “quality” is the goal, I don’t think I’d do it that way.

2 Likes

Also may be worth considering Loctite 290 (a green variety) because it wicks into cracks and crevices, and I don’t think you’d have to take the shaft out of the bell to do it.

But whichever Loctite you use, I would definitely give it 30++ hours to cure before using it.

3 Likes

For reassembly, I like to do this:

3 Likes