WTB sunkho 709a or other spot welder

Looking for a good spot welder in eu / U.K. need it for just basic welds but still reliable

Bonus points if it is a soldering iron to like the sunkho 709a

Thanks a lot

Pm me with offers or answer here with anything worth noting

Don’t mind use for new

Thanks

2 Likes

Check eBay, you can find the entry level Sunkko for 100€, think it’s the 709A

1 Like

The 100€ ones are the 737 ones that are crap unfortunately

1 Like

You can get a malectrics set up for just over 100 euro, they ship from germany, then use an old car battery with it

4 Likes

where do i get the old car battery from
and are the maletrics decent quality?

2 Likes

They are fantastic, been using one for a few months and love it. Loved it so much I got 2 more. Not sure where you can get one in Europe, like a car junk yard? You guys have those over there?

3 Likes

we have them but no where near where i live

is the maletrics one also a soldering iron or spot welder only

i hvae seen the 709a go for like 150euro so i thought maybe used it could be a bit cheaper

Maletrics make a lipo version. Runs on 3s.

Have one as well (lipo powered) and I love it over the box welders. I’m no longer limited to the position I weld. Much cleaner welds. Invest and thank us later.

3 Likes

looking into it now

1 Like

so the full kit in the eu is 130euro and then i have to buy the lipo/car battery

maybe someone has one for a bit cheaper?

1 Like

Yes the welds are way more consistent. Sunko is garbage compared to malectrics and kweld

1 Like

It better to spend a little bit more, especially in this case

2 Likes

Fuck the car battery. It’s not worth it the hassle. Invest in the lipos. I mean if you plan on building multiple packs, why not? I only planned to build one pack and sell my Maletrics. Second guessed myself after using it. Titts.

3 Likes

so i am planning right now to build 2 batteries for the moment but my dad agreed to put £30 towards a soldering iron so if i get the 709a then i get £30 off

i will look more into the maletrics one and see what it will be costing me

1 Like

Shua, please don’t blow yourself up or set your house on fire.
Spend a few days looking at videos of people shorting li-ions and what can go wrong. Show your family so they know what you’re up to.
There’s no leeway when you’re messing about with these cells. You need a clean organised approach with no half measures. Take this as constructive help. In your builds so far I don’t see the level of attention to detail that is going to keep you alive in this venture.

4 Likes

+1
one wrong move and these things are instant roman candles.

2 Likes

i think i have matured severely in the year i have been on this
forum when i first joined correct i probably would have blown up this house but i think i now have the patience and carefulness to do this right

definetely before buying i will do more research into this and i will be as careful as possible

thanks for the advice which i definetely will take into account

1 Like

@BillGordon i have got what i need
thanks

1 Like