WTB Stormcore 60D+

He’s talking about the beta units of stormcore 100s

3 Likes

Oh ok. Yeah I want to make sure I get a heatsink figured out for the stormcore

It’s not a top most necessity. The stormcore has a top and bottom plate made of aluminum for heat dissipation. Unless you plan to run it to its limits, it has very decent thermals.

All this is from personal experience btw. I ran mine at 45kmh+ and never had thermal throttles

Well I like acceleration, and for some reason my setup was feeling slow on start up. sk8 6374 192kv/unity/12s high discharge lipos. 72 to 15 gearing ratio. 8 inch pneumies.

Ended up running HFI and my motor amps at 130 per. I was able to get away with it since I had a heatsink.

1 Like

Nice. I was almost the same.
170kv/storm60d/12s high output lipo/15-62/8"/80a per

ive never seen this before but it looks cute lol

1 Like

If you were to scroll through the stormcore pics on the website, there’s one in there

1 Like

Oh nice! But yeah, I imagine the 60d will be pushed pretty hard. if one side if the 60d+ is relatively flat, i can figure out a way to make it work.

Both are. But you have 2 mounting options with the bottom half

I’m going to mount to the top against heatsink by using thermal glue and/or thermal tape. There will foam in the bottom keeping it in place as well.

The only issue is there is no good way to get to the USB C port once it is mounted this way.

Do you happen to know if I can use the stormcore’s Bluetooth to connect to Laptop/vesctool?

I can do intial setup before I secure stormcore in place , but would still prefer to have full.axcess via Bluetooth if possible.

I don’t know about laptop but I use my vesctool app on the daily

1 Like

FIFY

2 Likes

1 Like

Ooo, whats the battery package cal one for??

Saves me the math

1 Like

Ahh, good shit. Was hoping it would calibrate my ltt charge current cause I’m a caveman with no iPhone and can’t figure out ltt comp program install.

Why not just use the xiaoxiang?

1 Like

Android app doesn’t have charge/any calibration.