WTB: Speedict Neptune 15/20s BMS new or used.

Looking to buy a spare Neptune BMS if someone has one.

1 Like

what’s wrong with using an LLT or Daly?

1 Like

Nothing wrong, do you have a suggestion for a low footprint BMS that supports bluetooth and in reasonable price range ?

I have a new 20s LLT BMS still in box, if you want to buy it. $35+s&h

I think it is very large no ?

The latest generation of LLT are all quite small. Daly is very big though

1 Like

Bigger then a Neptune, but not that big

1 Like

I see that many BMSs have a low discharge rates such as 30A , 20A etc … (the more compact ones at least).
Does this matter ? I mean isn’t that restrictive ?
Or that most people are just giving up and installing their BMS as charge only BMS ?
What do you people think ?

Here is just one of many topics on the matter. Search for “discharge bms” if you want more horror stories.

The vast majority of people here run charge-only.

2 Likes

charge only is safer, having brakes n’ all

1 Like

*and program the low-voltage cutoff in vesc.

It doesn’t protect against an abnormally low cell, but if you don’t drain the pack voltage down to like <3v/cell it’s fine.

2 Likes

Does bypassing affects anything to do with cell balancing ?
Say BMSes that are doing leakage of current to balance groups, do they get affected by this in any way ?

Bypassing discharge through the bms shouldn’t affect the balancing function in any way

1 Like

your BMS primarily balances while charging anyway, as long as your esc can turn off there’s zero downside to bypass.

1 Like

Maybe except over discharge … ?

your esc or vesc should have a minimum voltage cut-off to prevent that, and as I said as long as you can turn the esc off the pack won’t discharge outside of actual usage.

a loopkey is the ultimate shut-off, completely preventing discharge.

1 Like