WTB: Smart BMS (USA)

Hey,

Long time no see. So I am after a Smart BMS for 8s 33.6V to use on one of my other projects, don’t really want to wait to get one from China, so I am trying my luck here to see anyone have one here in USA? I am in Colorado.

I need both charge and discharge (50A or higher), be able to set my own discharge cutoff voltage (26V for me here). After those two requirements, ideally have data logging capabilities in decently high frequency.

Let me know what you got, I need it pretty soon. Thanks!

1 Like

I have no space constrains.

I was look at these. Daly ones. Can I just leave off the last two balance leads and run it with 8s instead of 10s? How does the data logging on these work?

https://www.amazon.com/DALY-Management-Communication-Bluetooth-Monitoring/dp/B0B8Z3TMFB?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

@frame

Might an auto detect work nicely here?

1 Like

There are big enough discharge auto detect version that could work for OP’s requirement, but problem would be having the data logging capability. Most doesn’t have it, even if u care to do it via the app, it doesn’t update as fast as u’d want

2 Likes

I can get around without data logging part, Just external equipment to see the voltage and current in real time is all I need. One of the load here is very fast for on and off operation, another is just a bldc motor. I just would like to see how fast it translate to the battery side of things.

And yes, I am guessing anything come with the BMS at the moment would not have the frequency I wanted.

Would the one I linked be ok? Just not connecting the last 2 balance wires and use a 33.6V charger? Or is it TOO SMART that it won’t work? lol

that’s still limited to how fast the polling rate is, or how often the voltage sampling is.

that idk, hear others have just solder last balance wires to last pgroup, and it works like normal. but that’s all a myth to me, i don’t use daly, so i can’t comment on that.

I see. Yeah, I will get external current and voltage sensor, more freedom to choose the frequency I need.

Yeah, heard about it just leave the last two balance leads off, it would work, not sure if it’s true or not. Safety ofc takes first place here.