wtb safety gear (helmet gloves and hoodies etc..)

so i thought would ask on the forum before buying from lazy rolling himself and also another helmet

looking for all safety gear and am a reasonably small build at 174cm tall

looking for hemet gloves hoodie and all other bits

thanks and pm anything you got

Dude, this is a well-worn* topic. Give it some search.

Edit: soz, realise you’re looking to buy second-hand. You’re crazy, but not for the reason I originally thought.

*No pun intended!

4 Likes

not trying to buy second hand thats rank
new stuff only or stuff that can be thoroughly washed

if you bought the wrong size or have a spare you want to part with…

2 Likes

how has it been holding up for you since then
is it really safe to use and are the pads gonna protect me well against having my body smashed in?

I’m not sure if anything can protect your body against being smashed in… maybe some iron man like exo-suit? :laughing:

I haven’t fallen with it yet if that’s what you’re asking, so it’s good as new still :slight_smile:

2 Likes

nah im saying will it help as much as a lazyrolling suit does? or is it just gonna make no difference if i fall

I mean of course it will have a difference, it’s got pads! You can try punching yourself where the pads are and you’ll notice the difference it makes. Lazy Rolling now has CE2 pads which will be better, but I don’t have a LR hoodie to compare.

1 Like

If you’ve got money to spend then maybe this is up your alley:

1 Like

dont wanna spend more then i need

thanks mate will see and prob end up getting it

also any recommendations for gloves?

In the winter this is decent yet cheap:

And for warm weather Flatland 3D gloves are the best! Plate to protect against wrist hyper-extension, quality palm protectors that don’t get in the way of the remote, and feel excellent. Expensive, but worth it if you ride a lot. Lee has a 5% off code I think

2 Likes

Just ordered this jacket
https://www.xlmoto.be/motoruitrusting/motorkleding_c11/motorjassen_c20/motorjas-course-aramid-reinforced-softshell-zwart_pid-PM-4901181

They also have lots of hoodies and jeans with optional or uncluded protections.

1 Like

Looks nice thanks a lot

1 Like

@rusins so i was looking at some pics and i realised the lazyrolling stuff makes you look huge and i really dont want that (unless its the only solution) is the knox jacket thinner and more casual? i want something i can wear easily around when im out

or how bulky does the lazy rolling hoodie make you look?

Makes you look buff

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t wanna look buff I wanna look like a normal human. Not some geezer jacked up on steroids

Are there any that jus look like a normal hoodie or jacket

From experience, I’d say that if it hasn’t got CE-rated impact protection for back, shoulders and elbows, give it a miss. At the sort of speeds we’re doing, you’re gonna break something without it, easy. Abrasion resistance is only really a factor at motorbike/plutonium speeds. Any jacket thicker than an anorak will handle a skid.

I think the important thing with protection is that you don’t feel like a cock when you wear it, otherwise you probably won’t sooner or later. My advise is to get an armour jacket like this and then stick a tech hoodie over the top.

1 Like

so yeah thats the thing
im planning on getting some good speeds

i dont want to feel like an idiot wearing it and thats the reason i was wondering if the knox one linked above was less bulky?
i want something not so bulky but still protects

i believe the knox one is ce rated

1 Like

It is, yeah. It’s in a top-end price bracket too though, which you mentioned you’d prefer to avoid. If you’re in that price range, I can recommend this from Leatt and also the hard shell hybrid version, both of which I love. Comfy, low profile and breathable. The Fox Titan is definitely the best bang for the buck though. I’ve seen some good knock-offs on Ali as well below the €100 mark (if you wanna take the risk).

A good tech hoodie (like this) covers all sins though, whatever you decide to go for.

1 Like