WTB Raspberry Pi 3

Hey dudes. Trying to build my dad a cool present.

I need a Pi 3 B or A.

Didn’t realize they were in short supply and I need one more. I had one in a drawer.

Any reason no pi4?

1 Like

No sir. Just availability

I have a rock64 with a 3d printed case if you’re interested in that, less community support ofc.

1 Like

Explain.

1 Like

@abusfullofnuns yes please explain…I’m also curious.

I will check what I have.

1 Like

So full disclose….I’m making one for myself and need the extra PI to make one for him.

Pretty cool because you can use it to listen to other artists on Archive. There at 15569 recordings for 2076 Grateful Dead shows alone.

3 Likes

I swear I have an extra one lying around but I can’t find it. I’ll keep looking though and let you know.

2 Likes

I think I have one. I have zero idea where it is. I’ll also take a look this evening.

2 Likes

I think both adafruit.com and microcenter.com have some in stock. PM me if you can’t get one and I should be able to help.

Hmm, I’m not seeing any 3’s. I do see one version of 4 on Adafruit. Was hoping to spend less than the $55 that they want for the one in stock. Plus I’ll have to CAD a new box for it since it’s not been designed with in mind yet.

A 3A would be the easiest.

1 Like

Gotcha, I’ll check what I have and let you know.

1 Like

The first RPI board I found is a Zero W v1.1

It won’t work based on your comment, right? If it does, I can just ship it to you.

I’ll check what else I have when I get more time tonight assuming you don’t sort it out with another member by then.

Yeah, the project was designed around a 3A. That would be the easiest for me to just print instead of designing a case.

1 Like

I have one and I know where it is :joy:

Don’t feel too bad. There is 0 room in that avio drive box.

Anyway. It’s a pi3b and has a case. Unfortunately I do not have the original box. I’ll take a picture tonight.

3 Likes

Darn it’s a 2b. So sorry

1 Like

Ouch. Thanks anyway.

Found the other board. It’s a 4B, sorry dude.

2 Likes

Closest thing I found to what you want is an 3 A+ At Micro Center, but it comes with a bunch of extra crap and goes for $65. You might have an open box option near you. I see one for $52.

Thanks. There’s one about 4 hours from me. I know some people in Atlanta but not up in Marietta.

I may just buy the 4 from adafruit and make the changes.

1 Like