WTB Malectrics or Kweld spot welder

Hi,

I’ve been doing quite a bit of research on the super informative battery builders thread (and other related threads) I’d like to start building my own packs for personal use. If anyone has a used spot welder they can part with I’d love to purchase it.

Please let me know, and thanks for checking out this post!

Best,
Jason

1 Like

Giving myself a little bump! I know these are in demand so I wasn’t overly optimistic, but still hoping. :slight_smile:

1 Like

why not go for the flipsky one? : P

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: because I want my batteries to have a decent quality of life and not suffer unnecessarily

2 Likes

it seems pretty good lol

Are you US based?

I’ve got a couple of Sunkko’s I’m not using anymore, lmk if you’re interested and I’ll get you the details.

1 Like

Because it’s awful

1 Like

If you aren’t gonna be building packs often I’d highly recommend a 700cca car battery w float charger and malectrics. It won’t degrade over time (lipos) and the malectrics seems to be less picky with batteries.

1 Like

: P

Thanks for the replies everyone!

@DougM,
Yes, I’m in Southern California, and would definitely be interested in one of your used Sunkko’s. I haven’t researched those much but do know they have a good reputation. I don’t know what a fair price for one of them would be so please let me know. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Even though I won’t be building a ton of pack, I will be building more than a few. Not just for myself but I’m also planning on using the knowledge I’ve gained here to build my sister in law, who’s paraplegic, a motorized beach wheelchair so she can accompany my wife and kids to the beach when we go. She’s like a second mom to the kids, so I plan on building as safe a pack as possible. I’ll be showing it to the pros here first and asking lots of questions to ensure it’s built properly. For that reason, I’m looking for a welder that can reliably handle .2 nickel. Thanks again guys!

1 Like

Do your research and lmk. Maybe 50% of retail and you cover shipping? They aren’t light, shipping might be significant.

I also have one of these things if you want to roll your own

1 Like

@DougM,
That’s really generous of you. I’ll do some research and get back to you.

Caveat I might not be able to put my hands on all the pieces, but i think I know where one of the foot pedals is.

1 Like

Buy one from Maletrics. It pays for itself with the first battery you sell.

2 Likes

@J0ker,

Thanks for the tip bro! I might just do that. They’re out of stock until at least January, so I figured at ask around. Doug may have a used one available, but that’s still up in the air. I’m not in a big rush because I’m still in the planning phase for my sister’s electric beach wheelchair. I’m also looking to learn how to mig weld as part of the project so I have a lot to keep busy. I really appreciate the advice you guys have provided me.