[WTB] looking for parts

What deck and enclosure?

1 Like

Don’t need any, I have a landyacht and 3d printer

now I’m very interested, what enclosure are you gonna make? what are you going to print it in?

I could make any shape I want, probably use abs for heat and durability.

look into Nylon, it’ll be stronger and easier to print.

1 Like

Why spend on a whole new roll you know, I already have filament for abs. This is all assuming I can manage to build a diy board. Been looking for weeks now and I might as well just go for a budget prebuilt. Would of had one by now if sellers were open to shipping:

that’s not really in the DIY spirit. though if this is your first board I definitely recommend getting a budget prebuilt. Save DIY for when you know exactly the features and specs you want, then build a board to suit those requirements. for a first board a prebuilt will show you what you like and what you want to build custom.

also, if you haven’t heard it yet, DIY is not cheaper than a prebuilt. especially not for the same specs.

2 Likes

Abs enclosures arent ideal. They can’t handle impacts, first of all. If you bottom out on a curb or a speed bump, abs is likely to break. They’re also prone to cracking around the bolt holes. You may be able to mitigate that by printing with holes instead of drilling them, but idk.
If you are going to print an enclosure out of abs, I highly recommend reinforcing it with fiberglass.

5 Likes

where you finding a unity for 225?

1 Like

Mboards under used section. they are selling the rest of their stock.

2 Likes

man that’s a deal despite the unity’s reputation lately

Not always true. My ultraboard build will kick the shit out of a Zeus or Hurricane and it cost less them because I picked up used parts from people here.

But mostly I agree with you. It costs more than you think at the start for sure.

4 Likes

It’s a deal until it pops on motor detection and mboards tells you to kick rocks because they sold you trash at msrp with a “no-warranty” disclaimer.

1 Like

my bank should have no issues refunding me in that case. i’m more worried about an issue down the line

Counting the time, effort, tools, knowledge you needed it surely cost more …
But many enjoy building something unique and personal. And some are able to create boards of higher quality, performance.

2 Likes

Check my sell thread, I have second hand tb110 and bergs

I’ve got a bunch of these Turnigy’s if you’re interested - Great motors but they aren’t sensored. Low miles, I just swapped them out for sensored as my boards matured.

They are 6374-192’s

1 Like

Props should be using 6.x hardware for that sHFI with those

do StormCores do HFI? this might be just the excuse I’m looking for to get one :slight_smile:

Stormcore 60D+ has phase filters, so it does HFI well. I’m not 100% sure if anything else is needed too for silent HFI though.