[WTB] Hoyt St Pocket Rocket Motors

Looking for used Hoyt St Pocket Rocket motors.

Will be open to new for right price.

2 Likes

Have you reached out to @JJHoyt
And @DerelictRobot has some he’s testing but that’s all I’ve seen in the market

1 Like

They are still selling. Trying not to pay price listed on their website.

I think Andrew sold his a while ago (I’m interested in the smaller one, not the big one they’ve been testing).

3 Likes

Yeah new they’re pricey but I would love to try them out someday

1 Like

I want to put them on my LY Drop Cat with BN geardrives on SR TKPs.

3 Likes

Military grade for us mere mortals

2 Likes

I know @rafaelinmissouri just bought some small flipskys they looked pretty clean but definitely won’t have the power as the pocket rocket maybe racestars??

@rafaelinmissouri I’m working would you have a link to those motors and can you show that beautiful board

1 Like

https://www.nitrorcx.com/96m608-bigfoot160-5335-245kv.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw7pKFBhDUARIsAFUoMDa9mhgh8yI6WpNfNR_V7Jn2_e01Qv4TdUS6TbZAdZGOmccC5BC25gsaAg-REALw_wcB
@hummieee Says these are good they look freaking cool

2 Likes

I have a pair. Was gonna do a speed mountain board but needed lipos and they just sit collecting dust.

1 Like

:star_struck: get those things running and bring them to Edisto so I can test them out :call_me_hand:

I tried but you renigged. I know family comes first.

1 Like

I am notorious flake but I really did want to go
But the crazy wife Guilted me out :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
I’m definitely not flaking on you next time I love Edisto Beach

2 Likes

Serial flakers unite!

2 Likes

I starting to think he just builds boards and dont ride em. Serial groupride flaker

2 Likes

@Bigdaddyhawk is there keyway and/or flat spot on shaft? If no, how would I secure motor pulley?

I was looking at Pocket Rockets because they are short (53 mm), I don’t have much clearance between the geardrives mounted on TKP. How long are these motors?

1 Like

66mm can length. Shafts are round and I usually create my own flat spot for the setscrew with dremel or stand up belt sander for knife making. Sometimes I make two flat spots if the pinion has two set screws

2 Likes

yeah.
the flipsky 5045s are not going to be in the same league…
they are only rated to 1200 watts compared to the Hoyt 2200 watts.

the flipsky 6354s are probably a good alternate.
heavier but got that power.

I still have not ridden the tiny ones…

2 Likes

Any updates on the drop cat build? I love that damn deck

1 Like

Nah, just sitting there.

I have my mind/money focused on other distractions at the moment (:gorilla::rocket::full_moon:).

3 Likes