WTB [EU] MBS matrix II mounts, neobox v4 and 100kv (and lower) motors 6374+

Hey guys so I currently have the mbs comp 95 board and I am looking for these parts. I saw quite a few mounts but I want to know I make the right choice.
So I want:

1. mounts with cross bars of any sorts
  2. affordable so less then 150eur
  3. preferrably arround EU
  4. adjustablility would be nice but isnt a must

I currently found ideatb. His mounts cost 150eur. Know him from the old forum. I don’t know if he is on this forum or not. Could someone clear that up for me?
I also found ATS (all terrain creatiions). His cost 100 eur which is more within my budget. But if someone has second hand ones from a belt to geardrive switch I am happy to buy them. Longshot I know.
That was about it am I missing anyone who meets my requirements?

As I mentioned in the title I am looking for motors that have a very low kv rating. The only ones I found were trampas which are too expensive for me and the Saité custom kv motors on alibaba. Any experiences with them let me know :slight_smile:. I thought 12awg phase wires was quite thin for a 6374 motor but might just be me.

Maybe someone with a neobox v4 in europe who just ordered one for testing and wants to let go off it? Hit me up!

its not. And the price for ATS mounts are great.

Cool that’s good to hear. So do you have any experience with them? I didn’t manage to find anyone with those motors.

@IDEA

3 Likes

I just purchased the ATC mounts last week. With shipping to Germany they cost around $133 and we’ll see how customs handles the package. So, depending on VAT, these could be priced about the same with overall costs:

1 Like

ATS makes great mounts but is in the US so shipping to eu is going to add another 20E to that so in the end, i’d get idea’s because his are amazing too. @ EboardSolutions sells them too for 150

neoboxes aren’t that good from what we have seen so far (the tester ones at least). wait until people start receiving the production model (if ever, but i don’t think he ghosted tbh) and then you’ll know if they are good. @xsynatic is going to do a review on both once he receives his.

12awg is plenty for phase wire… focboxes come with 14awg.

I never tried site motors but i believe they are good once you battle harden them. i think @Andy87 got a set a long time ago?

1 Like

Ah thanks for the thorough answer man. Greatly appreciated.

I thought the v4’s were good and the v6’s had issues. I will read up again on that then. I also swapped my wires on the focbox from 14 awg to 10 awg just to be sure. It’s not only the amperage that kills them but also mechanical strain that might occur. But if you guys tell me 12awg is fine I won’t be worried.

Good to hear that the motors held up after battle hardening. I was also planning on opening them up. Think everyone should do that first time you get them.

I had a short conversation with @IDEA over insta DM. Will be ordering from him then. Thanks for all the help guys!

3 Likes

12 is fine, 10awg is over kill for phase, 14 is okay but as @MauveMaverick not optimal :grin:

I’m not 100% sure, @Andy87 would need to confirm, but in anycase i don’t think he ordered 6374s… i think he got the big 63100s from memory

Just saw that quote on your profile hahhahah. You can come live with us in the Netherlands :slight_smile:. We have tulips and other great things. You wont be able to legally ride your esk8 but thats a minor issue. In the woods on our emtb’s the wont find us :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do you know by any chance if belt slip ever occured on those big motor setups? Can you remember on the old forum when Jasons was working on the raptor 2 and put up a sheet which stated the maximum torque a belt could handle? I am worried that I will exceed that maximum torque when buying 6374’s with such a low kv. I put an example below. I can calculate it but if you know it that would save me about 3 hours working that whole thing through.

@epster Its a steal, I believe they are @Boardnamics mounts

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/motor-mounts-mbs-pro-matrix-2-elektro-skateboard-mountainboard/1378392472-187-1030

4 Likes

Those are limited edition. Not available anymore!

2 Likes

Even including shipping damn.

2 Likes

first of all everything that comes out of that arse’s mouth is crap.
second, no i don’t remember, torque is fine on belts but you need to tighten them more and that makes them less efficient.

1 Like

Thats a great price!! Thanks a lot. Too bad they don’t have any sidebars but I am willing to accept that for that price :slight_smile:

hahhah defenitly agree on that. But Jason has said some good things in the past on which I agree. So thats why I mentioned him. If torque is fine then I will hit the guys at Saité up and order some torquee motors. The lower kv the better :slight_smile:
I am gonna make the best hill cimber in one the flattest countries on earth! Lets go hahahha

BTW would anyone be interested in a build post? Or have you seen so many posts that you won’t really care if I post a new one.

1 Like

Saite motors are ok if you don’t mind battle harden them and 10mm shaft isn’t an issue.
The price on Alibaba.com is without shipping and fees plus import tax maybe. Definitely something to consider. On top of that you shouldn’t expect any warrenty as shipping them back in case of any defect might be more expensive than a new motor.
If you in EU and the motors you are looking for are on stock I would rather go with Alienpowersystem motors. They not much more expensive if you add up all the extra cost on the Saite ones and you will have your warrenty.
Just don’t order from them if the motors are on backorder and you want them in time. There 6weeks can easy be 12weeks+…

4 Likes

it’s gotta be a good then haha. imho build threads are good if you put the time and effort into making it and the build has a unique feature to it. i see too many boosted type diys that just aren’t the interesting. I’m still shitting my self on @DEEIF latest board lol

2 Likes

Ah that cleared a lot up thanks man. Probably saved me a lot of money and time too :slight_smile: Will be look at some APS motors then.

Good to hear. I will try to really make it mine. My friends call me mr ductape so expect some beautiful ductape in some places :slight_smile:. I will try to keep it lightweight for jumping, so I think that can be a fun challenge too. I haven’t seen many people calculate different parts of their boards. So I will be planning on doing that just for the lols. I am expecting that there are other people who like mechanical engineering too, so they can read through my calculations. Or someone who wants to get into mechanical engineering can also get a feeling for what its like.

2 Likes