Wtb [EU] Deck and enclosure

Well, I’m once again looking for a new deck for my board, I have always gone the cheap way so I will try to do better this time. My budget is not very good (Max 150€ deck and enclosure) and I want to fit a unity, a small bms and a 10s4p 18650 battery inside the enclosure. If you have something that meets my needs don’t hesitate to contact me!! Doesn’t really need to be good looking, as I can always clean paint and trim but I don’t really know what 150€ can get me, and I would prefer to spend less if possible :slight_smile:
Thanks for reading!!
TL;DR: need a deck and enclosure under 150€ able to fit a 10s4p pack and unity

I am selling a flexy deck with split enclosures. 10s4p should work with a small bms.

The deck is this one in classic flex

http://www.stokedlongboards.co.uk/Never-Summer-Longboards---Descent-p-558.html

2 Likes

150€ really isn’t a lot. For a bit more you might be able to get a MOV-E deck off someone or if a new batch gets made, but otherwise what @mutantbass is offering is pretty decent.

2 Likes

I’m giving it a look and trying to think how to fit the battery in there!! Thanks for your offer! Do you know how expensive is the shipping from UK to Spain?

I know, I really don’t have a lot of money and I’m pushing the boundaries of cheap building with this build I’m doing :joy::joy:. Those Mov-e decks look pretty awesome, it’s a pity they’re not on production.

1 Like

The battery would need to be double stacked like this

_ _
_ _ ||
_ _
_ _
_ _
_ _||
_ _
_ _

Each bar is 1 cell. so two layers will give you 40 cells.

Shipping would be around £20ish since the deck is close to 100cm. We can go half and call it £80 (~90 euros) total.

1 Like

Actually, on second thought, this might work too in a double stack

| | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | |

This will be 130ish mm wide and 180ish mm long. The enclosure is

• Internal max size: 38mmx160mmx200mm

Should be enough room. I was using Lipos and dont have any 18650s on hand for a mockup :frowning:

If you really want it, I will throw in that tiny 10s charge only bms for free.

1 Like

Don worry about the mock-up, I was thinking about the measurements and the cells should fit. Is that bms charger just for lipos? Or could be used for the li ion cells?? Also, about the routed cable, is it just 30 amps? I would probably need closer to triple or cuadruple that, how difficult would it be to route thicker cables?

That price its pretty good, no more negotiation needed, just need to plan my build very well as I don’t want to buy more useless decks XD. Also, I really haven’t tried flexy decks, do they help at smoothing the ride? Or are they just for fun?

Lipos and Lions have the same top end charge (4.2v) so it works for both.

Yes. its braided copper flat cable. I have extra lying around. I will send you that so you can double and triple up. WIll have to take off the grip tape though. And bacause its flat cable, you don’t really have to route the deck. I didn’t because I don’t have the tools. lol You can hardly see it.

Flexy decks smooth the ride at the cost of stability at higher speeds. But I only cruise around at 18-20mph so not a problem for me.

1 Like

Okey, I think about the speed thing I will be alright, even though my build could probably reach 35 mph I do not wish to die yet so I won’t be reaching that speed anytime soon

1 Like

Most commercial flexy deck boards seem to top out beween 26-28mph so I think it will be fine for that. 30+, I dunno lol. Have a think and let me know

1 Like

I will, probably tomorrow I will let you know about my decision, I have another option in mind and just have to decide between both.

1 Like

Also, ive seen you’re selling a 3.5amp charger, would you accept 90£ for all?

arrggghhh dude. Thats a friends charger :frowning: I am under strict instructions. I can throw in those gold deck things you see in the picture for you.

1 Like

Don’t worry then, just telling you in case you wanted to get rid of more things in one go!! No idea of what gold things you’re talking about :joy:

1 Like

On top of the deck, just above the trucks

1 Like

Your build was beautiful :drooling_face::star_struck:, I don’t really need them but if you want to throw them in there I won’t stop you XD. I will let you know tomorrow morning if I end up buying your deck or going with an other one :grin:

1 Like

I will pass on the deck for now, Im not going to buy a new one just yet so I dont want to have it “reserved” I had an idea and may be able to save some money by redesigning the enclosure of my board. If the project doesn’t go well I will contact you again :slight_smile:

1 Like