WTB: ESK8 for my kid

9yo daughter and I both just got our first board. She’s on a Meepo Campus 2 and after a couple days it’s clear she needs something better. She’s only about a 100lbs, so don’t need a huge battery or crazy speed. The Campus 2 is too tall and the brakes/hubs aren’t ideal for our area to ride. I’d be willing to look at anything, but am not looking to spend $700. Would prefer a belt drive but will consider anything. Something in the 30” range would be preferable.

2 Likes

You’ll have a hard time finding a DIY complete in that price range here, so you might need to put it together.

Here are some ideas if you go that route:

There’s also this option from a quality seller:

7 Likes

I actually have an evo 36 deck +enclosure going up for sale soon. even a battery if you like Would be happy to send that your way with a large amount of the components already worked out for you.
It would be a DIY project though not a complete.

4 Likes
4 Likes

I’d wait for Memorial Day sales. Get her something with belt drive if you have rough roads. Ownboard w2 comes to mind with the 10S3P 30q battery around $630. Essentially any of the boosted clones will give you performance they can grow into and a comfy ride.
You can always build, but beating the $500 mark I expect that board to be on sale for will likely mean some used components. Which isn’t all bad.

3 Likes

Yeah, don’t expect her to be riding a custom diy for that price. Just thought there might be some folks with extra boards or ready to upgrade.

Actually hoped there would be a single bkb that someone wants to sell.

A couple of PMs with some offers already and it’s much appreciated.

We will definitely build some boards for the quiver, but she’s not going to be happy with much of a wait. She’s hooked too.

2 Likes

Would absolutely consider this route. Feel free to PM me.

2 Likes

Good info. Would be willing to go that price range. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks @moon. Probably a little more than I need to spend for her. I’ll keep it in mind.

1 Like

Check on Reddit electric longboarding megathread, they have people selling off their completes almost every day.

2 Likes

Thanks dude. Haven’t posted there yet but following the new posts. That’s how I ran across @Skyart a few weeks ago and he convinced me to stretch my budget from $500 all the way to close to $2K. Lol. Glad I did at this point.

3 Likes