WTB: Enertion Focbox ESC version 1.6

I originally posted a WTB for a VESC X. Now that I have opened it up, I will be needing a version 1.6.
Let me know you have a working one for sell.

VESC 1.6 1|236x500

Thanks!

1 Like

Where you at?

USA East Coast.

1 Like

1.6 or 1.7 definitely will work. ( maybe even 1.13/vesc-x fits in that same base case, so you don’t have to tear the prototipo completely apart. not sure tho. )

These are out there you should able to source a replacement. Good luck. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another option is getting that one repaired. But yeah as @fessyfoo mentioned, a 1.3 (aka VESC-X) or a 1.6 or a 1.7 should work.

1 Like

Still looking for one. I did try to find any burnt resistors/cap and such. The only thing I could find was the both of the neg side cap leads had pulled away from the PCB somehow. Soldered them back on, but still no signs of life. Thinking this my be a fault internal to one of the chips.

1 Like

@JohnnyMeduse has brought back 3 focboxes from the DEAD for me. Cost about half of what a “new” used Focbox would cost.

This would be my option #1, even if you do find another, now you’ll have a spare

1 Like

Might be worth desoldering the CAN bus transceiver chip. When those go bad your vesc won’t show any signs of life.

1 Like

I’ve got a couple focboxes, brand new still in their bubble wrap. I’ll let one go for $140 plus shipping. I’m in Los Angeles.

3 Likes

Thanks @novamuto. @1banger, I have seen these. they are indeed new. I prodded @novamuto to let go of some for you. prototipo solidarity.

Well, after a lot of thought, I have decided to get a Stormcore. It will require some rearranging of the
PDB that the Prototipo uses, but just need to drill and tap some new holes to turn it 90°. Doing this
because I plan on keeping the Proto for a very long time. Almost 2 years old now. Thanks for everyone who responded to my WTB listing. What a great community!

1 Like

good luck! I’d love to see your progress on that in it’s own thread.

once you get all the stuff out of the way. the aluminum plate is double sided foam taped to the enclosure. my understanding is some heat will help in the removal of the plate.