WTB D-Bore pulleys

Can’t find any D bore pulleys for 8mm shaft motors. Really need 12mm wide but I think 15mm might be doable. HTD 5m, 15T.

Even a link would help. Doesn’t look like there’s any in the USA at least.

Haggy boards, dickyho, and Racerstar? I have the Racerstar ones rn

Why not just a normal pulley with grub screw. Should just fix fine if you lock the grub on the flat spot.

You could probably make a piece of metal or epoxy that slides into the D shape and has a 3mm keyway in it.

Still moving their shop looks like.

2 Likes

I’ve been having problems with normal pulleys and grub screws loosening after a couple rides.

@dickyho are you sending out parts? I check every now and again and your ebay is still closed.

1 Like

What D shape? 8x1, 8x2 and 8x1.5 all kinda exist. You can find aluminum ones often on amazon

1 Like

Are you speaking of how long the D cut on the shaft is, or the cross section?

D shape is usually classified by Diameter x Cutout depth, so 8x1 is an 8mm rounded shaft with a d shape cut 1mm deep

2 Likes

If you’re in a hurry you can also buy 2mm round stock at lowes or fastenal, cut off a piece then file one side flat to fit a regular pulley.

2 Likes

Or drill the bore out on a lathe to fit a locking bushing

I think the racerstar ones are not htd5 if you mean the red ones, i have them too and they definetly are different teeth.

Edit: its 5 gt they state

They work flawless on my board though, however they do wear quite quick.

2 Likes

All the Racerstar ones I have used are all 5mm teeth 15T 15mm, I haven’t seen them in any other tooth count, width, or profile. Evolve gets them made from steel but any not from Evolve are aluminum as far as I’m aware.

2 Likes

And they use gt3 belts right? Maybe thats what the racerstars are too? Never heard of 5gt

I don’t know, I use them with HTD5M didn’t even realize they weren’t HTD5M.

They don’t last very long though. Slightly longer than a stinky fart.

1 Like

Yeah, probably because they dont fit the belt well, they wear at the top very quickly. Im not with my board or else i would have taken a picture.

1 Like