[WTB] [CANADA] Parts for first build

Hello! I would like to explore my options before buying brand new.

Trucks: Caliber v2 or similar
Wheels: Caguama 85mm
Esc: Makerx, Torque6 Cheap FOCer 2 or similar
Enclosure: Ownboard metal case or similar
Motors: 2x 6355
Whole drive train assembly working with Caliber trucks
Battery: ~12s2p Not super comfortable buying second hand cells but I’m keeping an open mind
Accessories: Riser pad, bearings, deck guard and stuff that’ll be useful for a first time build

In addition, I’m totally open for recommendation or suggestions. I’m fairly new to this hobby and I’m always looking for new opportunity to learn from the vets.

2 Likes

Actually, maybe a bigger battery but it needs to be flexible. The only part I have atm is the deck. The loaded dervish sama is extremely flexible and I’m concerned with the amount of clearance.

1 Like

Fantastic, if you do this in a certain order you can maximise chances of success and minimise extra costs headaches

I’d recommend buying (depending which deck it is) or making the enclosure BEFORE buying more parts

check this out

Doing that you can make an awesome skate without falling in all the traps so many folks before you have fallen into.

Which deck is it?

2 Likes

I have Boosted 85mm wheels, 36T press fit pulleys, and BN motor mounts for Caliber, interested?

3 Likes

Thank you for the information! My deck is a loaded dervish sama flex 2. An adequate enclosure/battery will be challenging due to the flex but luckily, I’m not the first one who has attempted the conversion with this board. I’ve seen a few posts with a similar setup and I’m confident I can replicate it.

I have a 3d printer and love tinkering. I don’t mind wasting (learning) my time trying to design and print a custom enclosure :slight_smile:

Heres a few ideas I complied from other users sharing my board:

3 Likes

Definitively! Should we switch over DMs or stay here? I would love to know more about the parts. Where are you located?

1 Like

DMs is better for the people, less clutter

2 Likes

I sell CFOC2’s as either DIY kits or assembled. Shipped from Ontario

[US/CAN] Cheap Focer 2’s - Esk8 Parts Market / New Parts for Sale - esk8.news forums

1 Like

Where abouts in Canada are you?

1 Like

I’m located in Montreal, QC :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool. Hail from Edmonton myself. Was hoping you were closer for the sake of ripping. @b264‘S archived thread is super helpful as a frame in which to plan your build. The dervish is a sweet ride, wouldn’t be my first choice, but you’ll love it. That flex tho…

1 Like

Hey there! I would recommend two upgrades. I would go with some 6374 motors rather than the 6355. Nothing bad with the 6355s but I find it more enjoyable with the 6374s. There are a lot of good 6374s out there from Propulsion Boards, MBoards, and DIYElectric (Torque boards). Also I would look at the kv of the motors as well. The second upgrade would be a bigger sized wheel option (or to have another option). The 85mm Caguamas are nice don’t get me wrong but sometimes depending on the road conditions where you live the bigger wheels are nicer.

1 Like

Sigh… Here we go again. 5th times this week I’m reconsidering my entire build down to the washers. So much possibilities… :upside_down_face:

Honestly, I’m talking to a few members for used parts and I think I’ll just take what’s available. Cheaper for me and better for the community.

Quick question, what’s the overall consensus on cloudwheels 120mm? Is this the biggest I can go if I want to stick with standard caliber v2 trucks? I do like to have the choice to swap my wheels between 120 and 85 depending on the situation.

Thank you for the recommendation. I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I started planning my build 6 months ago. Kept changing and changing and changing after I thought I was done. You’re not alone.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with 635x’s on 85mm wheels. Not much real benefit in this case going 6374. They weigh an extra kilo too.

1 Like

My 120 clouds are my current favorite for the crappy roads here.

I also have Caliber V2s and mounts if you want those.

2 Likes

Don’t forget bigger sized wheels will reduce your range quite a bit but it can still be very worth it imo

2 Likes

I don’t want to hijack possible parts from @Mickapouel, so np if they’re already spoken for, but if you still have the Calibers and mounts then I’m interested.

Unfortunately not. I have some Paris trucks with mounts, but that’s all I have left.

PM’d