[WTB] [CAN/US] 12s charger

Hey y’all,

Amongst all my prep I forgot to buy a charger for my 12s P42A battery. So a 50.4V charger somewhere in Canada/US willing to ship to either Canada (pref) or Niagara NY (rather not lol) would be sweet.

Trying to keep costs low so $75 CAD or ~$60 USD would be ideal. Adjustable is nice, otherwise 4-8A is good for me. If you have faster chargers (~12A) that you’re willing to sell for cheap lmk. Thanks!

That’s like 140 CAD to get to my place, lol.

A good charger doesn’t come cheap. Kind of like a tattoo. You get what you pay for…:joy:

2 Likes

And that’s a pretty cheap option

1 Like

Yeah that’s why I’m lookin for something used. I can probably afford a shiny new expensive one but somebody’s gotta have a 12s 4a charger lying around

2 Likes

Try searching Amazon Warehouse for “Meanwell HLG” led power supplies.

Here is a 12s 10A charger for $70. You can adjust voltage and current on these. You have to put your own 120v cable, and a XT60 on them, but they are silent and extremely durable. I have a few that I’ve been using for years. As long as your BMS terminates the charge once full, these work great.

Click “Other buying options”

1 Like

Good luck to you man

Is the max output on that only 5 amps?

$69 used? I’m pulling the trigger.

3 Likes

That’s a good price man

1 Like

If you are willing to deal with some level of jenk drok makes some cccv boost converters that are I think designed to charge lithium battery banks from solar cells.

They were $30 usd and then you need a power supply line those cheap ones used in a lot of 3d printers.

Fuck Amazon sharing not just giving me a link Amazon.com

They are pretty cool in that you can charge pretty much anything with anything dc as long as the output is higher than the input

They come up every now and then on Amazon Warehouse, has to be the HLG-xxxH-48A model or AB. Not the blank, B, C or D models. Can get away with -54A depending on the wattage (check datasheets), but can’t adjust voltage as low for partial charges.

1 Like

protip: anything linked to you on amazon.com can be switched to .ca and the rest of the URL remains the same, yeah sometimes things are unavailable but sometimes you get lucky

heck, earlier today I found a motor bearing that was unavailable in the states but $10 with fast shipping in canada

1 Like

I have a 12s 4a charger i dont use and extra fuses. Id do $40 on it. Not sure what connector is on it atm but i can throw on whatever you need if i got it. Pm me address and ill see what shipping be.
This is the charger

Bump! Still working out logistics so anyone else near Canada with a charger is still more than welcome to offer, trying to work out a good deal for everyone

Does Aliexpress ship to you? I picked up a YZPower 8A charger for about $60 off their official storefront, and it arrived in just two weeks. Lesser current models are also available and cheaper. You can pick your plug and everything.

1 Like

I’ve got a spare YZPower 6A but it was acting a bit tempermental last time I used it

That sounds good to me I might resort to that, if nobody else has something